Your Heart in My Hands

Different

This next sentence may just be the most over-used, cliched, understatement I have ever heard. But, in the instance, its presence is greatly called for.

It all happened so fast...

I was slumped against the metal bar that held the merch. My knees were clutched up against my chest in a fetal position, and my hands were shaking uncontrollably. My eyes were locked on John and the scrapes of blood that were smeared on his knuckles.

I jumped out of my skin when John put his hand on my cheek, "Are you ohkay?" He said.

I sighed, my lips still quivering, "I'm fine."

He held his hand out to me. I stood up with him just to face an enormous crowd staring at Evan, John, then me. I tugged on the bottom of John's shirt.

"Can we get out of here?" I whispered into his ear.

He firmly grasped my hand, and we made our way outside. He ruffled his hair, "I shouldn't have made such a scene back there."

I watched him as he paced back and forth behind the van. I couldn't stand it. I walked up to him hastily and put my hands on his cheeks, "John, listen to me. He's going to be fine. You didn't do any extreme damage." I gave him a small smile, "Thank you for that, by the way."

He smiled slowly, "I guess I'm just not used to... fighting in front of you. The guilt got to me quicker than I expected it to."

I laughed, "You can't seem innocent your entire life, Ohhh."

He sighed then kissed me slowly. He covered my hands with his, still on his cheeks.

I felt my lips losing all feeling as he deepened the kiss, pulling me closer every second we stayed connected.

"Hey, guys. What happened?" Peter ran up to us. He stopped when he saw what we were doing.

I let go of John and bit my lip, "It's nothing we need to worry about." I turned my heel to head back to the merch. John grabbed my hand.

He held still for a mere three seconds. His eyes looked from each of my eyes, searching for an answer, I supposed.

"I'll be fine, Ohhh," I smiled.

He let go of my hand softly. I couldn't see the worry leave his face.

I wrapped my arms around my shivering body, and got into the van. I sighed. This just became a step more complicated than I expected it to be.

I turned on my MP3 player and began to blast The Academy Is... I guess you could call their music my "comfort music." My all around stress buster.

Skeptics and True Believers started to flow into my ears, inebriating them with every chord and vocal note. My muscles tensed up then relaxed again.

My heart rate didn't cease to continue its fast beat. I quickly changed the song to Classifieds.

I stared out into the moonlight. My heart stopped then started up again as the van's door slid open.

"Woah! Relax! It's just me." Kennedy chuckled as he climbed in next to me. "Are you alright?"

I sighed and turned off the music, "Yeah, I'm fine. Just a little shaky."

He laughed, "Yeah, I can tell."

I looked to my feet but didn't say anything.

He tilted my chin up, "What's on your mind?"

I looked to him, "I don't know. Something just feels... wrong."

He smirked, "Like what?"

I shrugged, "This just seems too perfect."

"Is there such a thing?" He asked.

"I keep waiting for something bad to happen, and this night could have proved me wrong. But..."

"But what?" He said quietly.

I sighed, "I don't know. I've been imagining being with John for over a life-time, being in his arms without feeling the guilt of him neglecting his current girlfriend. But now that I am his girlfriend, it's just different than I expected."

"Better?"

"Not sure yet. All I know is that I am really scared to tell anyone else about our relationship."

He laughed, "Well, you shouldn't be. By the looks of it, you're one of the luckiest girls in the world."

I smiled, "I am. Mostly because I have the greatest friends in the world. Thanks for coming in here, Kenny."

He smiled, "No problem, Deee."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for not updating =/

BUT
The TAI/WTK concert AMAZING!
I got INCREDIBLE pix of William and I got my pic with Travis :D
If you want the link to my facebook album, just ask :)