Your Heart in My Hands

Awkward

I sighed. For once had had no idea of how to distract his boredom. We sat on a cold park bench just outside my neighborhood.

He sighed and put his head on my shoulder.

I chuckled, "You're too tall to do that on someone as short as I am."

He stuck his tongue out at me, "Just embrace the love, Deee, embrace it."

I laughed, "Embracing, Ohhh."

He smiled to me and stood up, pulling my hand with him in the process, "I've got something to tell you."

I stood up after him, "What is it?"

"We got booked for a tour!" He yelled.

My jawed dropped and I let out a scream as I wrapped my arms around his neck, "That's awesome!!! With who?"

"All Time Low!" He smiled.

I let out another squeal, "Yay!!!"

He smiled and brought into a back-breaking hug then smiled to me, "There's more."

I smirked, "What could be better than that?"

His grin got even wider, "Deee, would you like to be our merch girl and tour with us?"

In short, I basically tackled John to the ground full force, "Yes, yes, yes!!!"

He laughed as we stood up, "I couldn't spend more than a week without my Deee."

I turned away so he wouldn't see me blush. I could feel my cheeks growing red with heat.

He chuckled, "Are you blushing?"

I shook my head rapidly, "No."

I could feel his arms snaking their way around my waist, "You know, you're kind of cute when you blush."

I pushed him away, "You're such a tease. Don't lie about that."

He snickered, "What's there to lie about?"

I stuck my tongue out as him, "Quite a bit actually." I looked down to my waist. John's hands remained there without any sign of moving anytime soon, "Can I get my waist back, please?" I didn't like blushing in front of him.

He cocked his head to the side, "Hm... Nope." His grip tightened.

"Come on, John, I'm serious," I struggled to get his arms off. Not to mention, he knew that I never called him John unless I was really mad or in trouble. I was scarcely in those situations.

He finally released me and looked me in the eye, "What's wrong?"

I shook it off, "Nothing."

He scoffed, "Don't lie to me, Kyra. It's no use doing it to me, of all people."

I shrugged, "It's nothing, John."

I started to turn away but was stopped when he grabbed my arm in protest. He pulled me closer to him. His warm breath teased my skin as it mixed with the cool October breeze, "Don't shut me out, Deee."

I put my hand on his chest and nudged him away, "I know you brought me here just to tell me the good news, and I'm sorry I ruined it. But can we just forget about this? I don't want things to be awkward between us." I nearly whispered.

He let go, "Awkward... I'd thought we'd never have to use that word to describe our relationship."

I sharply inhaled the air as he said relationship, "I'm sorry, John."

He gave me a half-hearted smile then pulled me into another hug. This hug was different, softer than how he usually hugged me, "You never have to apologize to me." He whispered into my ear.

I pulled him closer, though there was barely any space between us to begin with. It was times like these where I was thankful to have him as a friend. He knew me better than anyone else. He was always there even before I had to come crying to him to tell him what happened. I never wanted to pull away from him. His touch was just silk to my skin.

He kissed my forehead, "Come on, Deee, let's head back. I'll help you pack for Friday."

"Friday?"

"That's when we leave."

I sighed, "I think I'll just pack by myself, Ohhh." I smiled to him, letting him know that things were still the same even if we both knew it wasn't.

He smiled back slightly, "Alright, Deee." He let me go, "I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Yah, tomorrow. Definitely."

He turned his heel and we headed in separate directions. I just ruined an entire life's cover up. Nice goin', Deee....