Your Heart in My Hands

Ready?

"How can I decide what's right? When you're clouding up my mind. Can't win your losing fight all the time. Not gonna ever own what's mine. When you're always taking sides. You wont take away my pride. No not this time. Not this time." I sang to myself as I started to hang the shirts.

Pat and Kennedy stood in the middle of the venue, Buzznet phone in hand.

A pair of hands snaked their way around my waist. I couldn't help but smile to myself as John kissed my cheek sweetly. I kissed him back, "Hey! You ready?"

He chuckled, "Of course."

I hung the last shirt and planted another kiss on his lips.

Just as I did, I could hear Pat's cry, "EW! PDA!"

I let go of John and rolled my eyes, "Grow up, Patty." I stuck my tongue out at him.

He did the same then smiled.

Tina walked up behind us with another box of shirts and hoodies. I groaned, "How much merch do we need for one venue?"

She laughed, "Relax, that's the last box. This venue is pretty big, if you hadn't realized. We need all the merch we can get."

I sighed, "How long is our shift?"

"Same as usual," she said casually. "We just need to be able to get through the mosh pit before in swallows us whole when we leave."

"Mosh pits are deadly," I added.

She just shook her head, "Mosh pits are just giant crowds of drunk fruits."

"Why must you always use the term fruit as an insult?"

"I don't know. But it fits," she shrugged.

I chuckled. Derek walked up to us casually, "Hey, Deee."

"Don't do anything to piss me off, Derek. You're still hanging by a fine wire with me," I immediately said.

His jaw dropped, "What did I do?"

"Don't play innocent!"

John laughed and kissed me again, "She's still caught up in the dare."

Derek's cheeks flushed. He rubbed the back of his neck, "Oh, yeah. That. Look, I'm sorry."

I smirked, "It's fine, Just don't do that again or I will come after you personally. I'm one of those few people who can murder you in your sleep without leaving any traceable evidence."

His eyes grew wide.

I smiled, "Just joking, Derek. You can breathe now."

He held his heart still, "Don't do that! For all I know, that could be true!"

Tina smirked behind us, "Technically, it is true."

I smiled proudly with John's arms still hanging around my shoulders. Surprisingly, it is true. But people don't really need to know that.

Derek just coughed, "I think I'm going to go now..."

I laughed, "Au revoir, my scared friend."

Garrett ran up to us just as Derek left, "You guys ready?"

"Everyone always asks the same questions," I mumbled to myself.

John kissed my head, "Yup, just as soon as Every Avenue is done, we're on."

Pat and Kennedy followed after Garrett, "Ready?"

I hung my head down, "People are running out of original questions to ask..."

Kennedy and Pat looked to each other, "Huh?"

I looked up at them and smiled, "Don't mind me."

Let's just say, after that, everyone asked if we were ready. This was going to be a long night...
♠ ♠ ♠
Filler.
Sorry.
Writer's block.