Your Heart in My Hands

Never

John's Point Of View.

The absence of any talking while having so many people in a cramped hospital room got to me. Their expressions were all the same. Worried. Hopeful. Confused. Upset beyond belief. All of the above.

I sighed as I sat up on the white sheets. I was more than happy to have my own clothes back on instead of that itchy hospital gown. I looked to the others and shrugged, "So? Who died?" I attempted to laugh at my own sarcastic comment, but when they just looked to me with solid stares, I refrained myself from doing so.

The door opened revealing Kennedy, red puffy eyes and all. He nodded to Garrett and Pat but avoided eye contact with me.

I laughed once, "Ohkay, guys, seriously. What's going on? Where's Deee?"

Kennedy sat down next to me and bit his lip, "I'm sorry, John."

I looked to Garrett for an answer. He shook his head, "Guys? Where is she?"

"Probably on a plane to who knows where." Pat sighed as he covered his face with both of his hands.

I stood up, "What are you guys talking about? She's probably just in the waiting room with Tina or something." I ran out the door and into the hallway.

My hands clenched into fists as I made my way to the waiting room. She has to be there. She just has to be. Why would she leave?

I held my breath as the area came into the clearing.

One empty seat. Two. Three. Tina. Nothing.

I ran over to her. Her eyes were the same shade of scarlet as Kennedy's, Pat's, and Garrett's. She looked up, "Hi, John."

"Where's Kyra?" I asked immediately.

She sniffled, "I don't know."

I shook my head, "You of all people should know."

She shook her head, "I don't. I should have followed her to the airport, but I--"

"Airport? Why do you guys keep saying that?" I demanded.

"She's gone, John," she whispered.

"No, you're wrong."

She stood up, "I'm sorry."

Kennedy put his hand on my shoulder, "It's true. She's gone."

I shook my head rapidly, "Stop saying that!"

"We can't get her back, John. It's too late," Kennedy said plainly.

I pushed him up against the nearest wall, gripping onto his shirt. Tears poured out of my eyes in seconds.

He put his hands on mine, not restraining but calming down.

"She c-couldn't leave," I stuttered.

He sighed, "Don't think you're the only one who misses her John. None of us saw this coming."

I let go of him and slid to the floor. I hit my head up against the wall, "But... But I thought--"

"We all thought she was happy, John." Garrett sat down next to me. "But we were all wrong."

"I just don't get it."

"None of us did."

"Will we ever?"

"Probably not."

"Should I just--"

"Just try to let it go. Let her go."

"It's difficult."

"Why?"

"She's the only one I've ever said 'I love you' to and actually meant it."
♠ ♠ ♠
Time for the sequel.
*runs away*