Your Heart in My Hands

Short One

Kennedy and I drove down to Pat's house with my bags all packed in my car. I was ready to get out of this shit hole. I've been cooped up within a ten-mile radius for way too long. The only down side to this was that I was being forced to spend time in a claustrophobic van with my biggest fear of the moment. John.

I tried to keep my heart beat at a steady pace and my blood pressure nice and normal. It was complicated, to say the least. Not to mention that Kennedy could tell I was nervous. I usually try not to give it away, but at this very moment, hehe, well, let's just say that I couldn't shut up.

"What am I going to say to him?" I focused on the road with my hands clenched onto the steering wheel. Kennedy looked partially asleep until he opened one eye to glare at me.

"Why don't you just say 'hi'?" He smirked sarcastically.

I rolled my eyes, "Well, that's a given, but what about after that? I mean, like, do you think that he'll try to bring up what happened? Or do you think he'll avoid it all together?"

He snickered, "I honestly do not really care."

"Oh, come on, Ken! Give me something!" I begged.

"I gave you the 'hi', didn't I?"

I stuck my tongue out at him.

He smiled, "Don't worry about it, Deee. He's probably all over and done with what happened. Just drop it, and get on with being friends with him while you still can."

I sighed, "I guess so." I pulled into the almost empty driveway. "We're here."

He unbuckled his seat and took off towards the guys while I sat still. Be friends with him while you can. Iknow hope I can do this...

I opened my door and made a steady trail up to the van. Its familiar calligraphy etched on its visage gave it away completely.

"Deee!" I smiled as Pat ran up to me, arms wide open.

"Patty!" He hugged me.

He pouted, "I haven't seen you in a while."

I chuckled, "I'm sorry. I'll make it up to you by being an awesome merch girl."

He laughed, "Oh, by the way, I brought someone along to keep you company."

The grin on my face grew even wider as Pat's girlfriend, Tina, ran up to me, "Deee!"

"Tina!" I hugged her. We'd been friends since our freshman year in high school, so, naturally, we get along and entertain each others boredom quite easily.

She pulled me to the side, "Ohkay, what is going on between you and John?"

"Who the hell told you?" I glared.

"Garrett," she smirked.

"Douche."

"Do not blame him because he spews out random information like the shower bag he is."

Oddly enough, little things like that make us friends. For instance, our ability to make fun of people in different languages. Douche means shower in french. Notice the ironic pun with the spewing and all.

I rolled my eyes, "I have too many people on my death list right now."

She chuckled, "So? Spill."

I sighed, "I just had a little tantrum with John a couple of days ago. That's all."

"A tantrum?"

"Well, not really a tantrum, per say, but more like I was blushing like crazy and flipped out."

"That explains so much."

"Shut up."

"Won't happen."

"Figured as much."

"Hey, Deee." I turned around and saw John before me with a small smile on his face.

"Hey, Ohhh."

"I'll see you around, Deee." Tina left us alone and went to help Pat.

John fidgeted with his fingers, "Erm... how have you been?"

"Fine," I looked to my feet.

Before I knew it, I was in John's arms in a soft hug. It wasn't like most, softer, I suppose, yet still with a firm grip that seemed like it had no intention of letting go.

I nudged him away, "John, I'm sorry about snapping at you, I just-"

"You don't need to explain," he said.

"I don't?"

He smiled, "Of course not. One, you already apologized. And two, you were already forgiven before the apology escaped your lips."

My cheeks grew hot again.

"I just missed you. You haven't been answering your phone," he tucked my hair behind my ear.

"I just needed some peace and quiet, but I'm fine now," I smiled.

He smirked, "Good."

"You ready for tour?"

He chuckled, "Oh, most definitely, but..."

"But what?"

"We're still short one song for the set."

"Oh," I said quietly.

He snickered, "I'm working on it, but I was wondering if you'd help me with the lyrics."

"Me?"

He smiled, "Yes, you, Deee. I can't do anything without you."

My cheeks were burning, "Uhm, sure, John, er, I mean, Ohhh. Anything for you."

His grin was wider than ever before. He kissed my cheek then joined the others to pack the van.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm slowly beginning to realize that I've been writing this story more for my own reason than to satisfy my readers.

Comment, if you want. I'll update none the less.