Your Heart in My Hands

We Like To Party

We stopped at the first venue a little after five. We had about an hour to get ourselves prepared and an hour to set up the merch and all the equipment. I followed closely behind Tina as we carried the guys' guitars to the backstage storage rack.

The giant sign above us read:

Image

Tina smirked to me as we placed down the guitars, "That stupid mermaid freaks me out. The city is crawling with them."

I laughed, "I noticed. I saw a chocolate one in the mall."

She made a disgusted face, "A chocolate mermaid? They're running out of ideas..."

"Yeah, and I also saw some kids peeling off the foil."

She laughed, "Vandals!"

I chuckled, "No one cares anymore."

Garrett ran up behind us with his plaid shirt on and put us both in a head-lock, "You guys want to join in for the pre-show ritual? Or at least watch?"

I giggled, "Party?"

He nodded and put down his shades, "Party."

Tina snickered, "You guys are too spastic to do this before every show."

"Ah, yet not spastic enough for this." Garrett grabbed our hands and pulled us down the hall.

John, Pat, Kennedy, Jared, and Peter all stood in a circle. I let go of Garrett's hand as John outstretched his towards me. He smiled to me and kissed my head.

I hugged him from the side, "You ready for the first show?"

He smirked, "Of course. Well, I will be once we finish this."

I rolled my eyes, "Of course. Please commence."

Pat clapped his hands, "We like to party!"

Tina and I stood in the background, laughing hysterically. Naturally we did this, mostly because every time at least one person messed up.

Tina nudged me in the side with her elbow, "Psst..." She whispered.

"What?" I said quietly.

"You up for a little dare?"

"Now?"

"Yes, now."

"Depends. What's in it for me?"

"Less ridicule about John."

"From who exactly?"

"Me, Pat, and I'll try to convince Garrett."

"You better start convincing pretty damn well. What do you want me to do?"

"Wink at John," she smiled.

"What?!"

"Do it! I'll throw in twenty bucks."

I sighed and rolled my eyes, "This better be worth it." I muttered under my breath. I bit my tongue as I felt the moisture gather on the edge of my lip. I took a deep swig of air.

Just as John turned around at the peak of the song, I quickly winked my eye at him with a small smile. Apparently, it wasn't quick enough. John's face became contorted with confusion and got mixed up. He crashed into Peter, making him fall to the floor.

Tina burst out laughing, "That was so worth it!"

My eyes grew wide. "No, it wasn't!" I nearly shrieked. I ran to him. "Are you ohkay?"

He stared at me with his big brown eyes, as if trying to talk to me without words.

"John?" I put my hand on his shoulder.

He shook his head and snapped out of it, "Sorry, guys. My mind got screwed up for a second."

Pat laughed, "We noticed."

"You going to be alright during the show?" Jared joked.

John rolled his eyes, "I'll be fine."

I offered him my hand. He took a good long stare at it then held on. I helped him up. Before I could catch his eye, he pulled on my arm so his lips barely scraped my ear.

"Meet me behind the trailer after the show," he whispered then took off for the stage.

I froze. Damn. I did it again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hehe, just though I'd throw in a little personal pic from the concert :)
Katrina, I'm sure you recognize that sign :D

Oh, and for my sake, please comment. I need at least a tid-bit of motivation.