Fathers

This Is The Worst Day Ever...

(FB to July 5 2003)
I was sat waiting for my parents and my brother to come back from grocery shopping. Mom said she’d get me my magazine and some twizzlers. I was watching some MTV news when a report came up. It wasn’t about music or films or celebrities. It was real life in Brooklyn, right at this very second. They were in a park not far from where I lived there was police tape over a whole section of it. There was a car crashed into it with bullet holes through the screen. I couldn’t see the license plate but the car looked almost like ours. I shook the thought out of my head but for some reason I didn’t change the channel. The reporter said something about 1 female adult and 2 males, one adult one teenager being involved in a car crash, then being shot at. Then I heard a knock at the door. I answered it and 2 police officers, 1 male, l female were there.
“Miss Taylor I’m afraid we have some bad news. Your parents and brother were involved in a car crash earlier today and then were shot at. Your mother died on impact and your father and brother were both hit by bullets, killing them instantly. I’m sorry.” One of them said. I fell to the floor and cried. I cried and cried and cried. I didn’t care who saw me. I was 11 years old and I’d just lost both of my parents and my brother. After all that we’d gone through they had to die. It wasn’t fair. They never even got a chance to survive. My mom died straight away and my dad and brother were shot at. I think I sat and cried for 2 hours before the officers pulled me up and took me to the station where I had to identify suspects, collect items and then go and identify my family where I cried in the middle of a cold dark room with my parents and brothers corpses in for 3 hours. It was the worst day of my life and I was only 11.
(End of FB)