Fathers

Charlotte Fell Asleep In My Arms...

(Frank’s POV)
Charlotte had looked pissed when she went up to her room. Well who can blame her? She’d just gained 2 dads and now she was gonna have to leave them while they went on tour. Poor kid. I went to her room and knocked on her door.
“Come in.” I heard her sniffle. I opened the door and saw her sat on her bed crying. I shut the door behind me and walked up to her. I sat down next to her feeling a little awkward. She looked up at me her eyes glazed over in tears. I reached out and hugged her tightly, her face buried into my chest. I pulled away from her and wiped the tears from her eyes underneath her glasses. She smiled weakly and muttered thanks. I smiled at her.
“Do you want to talk or watch TV or listen to music?” I asked her.
“TV please.” she muttered. I flicked the TV on and put on Fairly Odd Parents for her.
“We can talk whenever you want.” I told her. She nodded and wiped her eyes with her arm.
“You cold?” I asked her.
“A little.” she whispered. I took off my hoodie and wrapped it round her. She smiled at me and pushed her arms through it and zipped it up. She was practically swimming in it, she was soo skinny but her arms were sticking out a little because she was taller than me. 2 hours later and halfway through Ned’s declassified school survival guide she began to talk to me.
“Why do you guys have to leave? I mean you Gerard and Mikey are leaving as well and I’ve just gotten to know you guys and Bob and Ray say they’re gonna adopt me, then they have to leave me.” she said pathetically.
“Sweetie we don’t want to leave you either, but we just can’t take you with us just yet. You know that.” She nodded and sighed.
“But why did he ask to adopt me when you are going on tour tomorrow?”
“He just got caught up in the moment.”
“Ok. I guess I understand.” she muttered.
“You’re not mad at him and Ray are you?” She shook her head.
“No.”
“Good.” We hugged and Charlotte fell asleep in my arms. I stayed like that until Bob came and laid her on the bed allowing me freedom. But it had been nice just spending time with each other. Even if she was asleep. I went back to my room and soon fell asleep waiting for tomorrow and the sadness it would bring when we left her.