Fathers

"Sorry Bob She's Dead."

(Bob’s POV)
I sat down on my bunk after waving at Charlotte from the window. Well that was one of the hardest things in my life I’ve ever had to do. I wouldn’t see again until March. I sighed and looked at the cat toy she had bought me. I stroked the cat’s ears and looked at it, hoping it would give me some sort of advice. It just looked up at me with its plastic green eyes blankly offering no consolation what so ever. I sighed again and Ray came and sat next to me.
“You ok Bobert?” he asked me. I shrugged and Ray wrapped his arm around my shoulders and pulled me close. It was gonna be a long six months. I fell asleep with my head on Ray’s lap after about 10 minutes I was so tired. I woke up my head on my pillow and holding my cat toy close to me. Gee, Mikey and Ray were asleep and Frank was on his laptop, sat in the area where the TV was. It was 12:30 am and he was waving at his laptop.
“Frank what are you doing?” I asked him as I stretched and walked over to him.
“Talking to Charlotte on msn.” he replied as he typed something.
“You got the web cam on?” Frank nodded. I sat down next to him and saw Charlotte’s face on the screen. I looked into the camera and waved at her. I saw her smile and wave back then type something.
SKITTLE WHORE says: hey bob!!
Frankie is a brownie whore says: bob says hi.
SKITTLE WHORE says: lol has he named the cat yet? I wondered what she was talking about then I remembered the toy. No I hadn’t. Crap, I had to think of a name. I looked on the screen and could see Charlotte knocking back pixie sticks. Pixie…
Frankie is a brownie whore says: it’s called Pixie and its Bob by the way.
SKITTLE WHORE says: cool 4 both!
Frankie is a brownie whore says: wait its 12:30 why are you still awake you have school tomorrow
SKITTLE WHORE says: ummm…
Frankie is a brownie whore says: sleep now!! night night xxx
SKITTLE WHORE says: fine goodnight bob!!! xxx tell Frankie night too and luff you and miss you!!!
Frankie is a brownie whore says: luff you and miss you too sweetie byex
I signed off msn and handed the laptop back to Frank before going back to sleep again. I woke up at 11:00 with Ray shaking my shoulder looking worried.
“Bob honey wake up!”
“What?” I asked me a little grouchy from being disturbed.
“Charlotte fainted at school today and fell down the stairs!”
“What!? Is she ok? Where is she?”
“Sorry Bob she’s dead.”