Fathers

I pushed my way through the crowd and saw…

(Charlotte’s POV)
It’s been 2 weeks since they’ve gone. I talk to them everyday either on my cell (the carers won’t let me talk to them on the home’s phone. Noobs.) Or on msn. It was Frankie’s birthday in 2 days and I was now in the mall trying to find him a present. I sighed to myself after going in 11 different shops and not finding him anything. I needed coffee. I walked into the nearest Starbucks and ordered an iced vanilla latte and a cookie. I sat down, broke off a piece of my cookie and popped it in my mouth. Once I’d finished my cookie I was about to search for Frankie’s present again when there was a group of girls standing by the door screaming. I pushed my way through the crowd and saw…
“Bob, Ray!” I shouted at them and pushed my way towards the two of them.
“Charlotte!” Bob said turning round and helping me through the crowd. I hugged him and Ray joined in as well.
“Hi sweetie.” Ray said “What are you doing here?”
“I came for a present for Frank how come you guys are back in Brooklyn?” I said pulling away from them both.
“We came to get you for Frankie’s birthday.” Bob explained. “And buy him a present.” he added.
“C’mon Charlotte we’ll wait outside while Bob gets our coffees.” Ray led me outside and we sat down on a bench.
“How are you?” Ray asked me.
“Good you?”
“Great, so you bought anything for Frankie?”
“Umm…” I looked guiltily at my bags of shopping. 2 tops, 1 CD, eyeliner, nail polish, and some freebies from my job at Hot Topic and nothing for Frankie.
“I take that as a no. Well what have you bought?” Ray smiled at me.
“2 tops, some make up, a CD and I got some free stuff from work.”
“Which CD?”
“Evanescence.”
“Cool. Oh I’ve missed you so much!” he said as he pulled me into another hug.
“I’ve missed you guys too. Why are you here now, its not Frank’s birthday for 2 days?” Bob walked up to us and passed Ray a coffee before sitting down next to me.
“The adoption papers are done. You’re officially your adoptive parents.” Bob said with a grin. I opened my mouth and squealed.
“Oh my God!” I flung my arms round them both and felt a tear leak from my eyes. They hugged me back and we stayed like that for ages, grinning like maniacs. We got lots of looks from people passing us by but who cares, I’ve just got 2 dads!