Fathers

Like A Parent.

Lottie’s POV
I rolled over and kissed Frank’s forehead.
“Where did you learn that?” I grinned.
“Ah, now that would be telling.” he grinned back and pulled me into his arms so my head was on his chest. His kissed my head and nuzzled his face into my hair.
“I love you.” he murmured into hair.
“I love you too.” I smiled and closed my eyes. I never wanted this moment to end. Just lying in bed with the guy I loved. I wondered if Bob and Ray were doing the same.
“I was thinking about us going to see that new horror movie, do you wanna go?” Frankie asked me, stroking my hair back from ruffled to smooth.
“Umm...Frank, I kinda can’t.” I blushed a little.
“Why not?”
“It’s an 18 and I’m 2 years younger than that.” I reminded him.
“Oh. Right.” he said awkwardly.
“We could still go and see a movie.” I told him.
“There’s nothing else on except that crappy teen movie...shit.” he cringed when he saw my face.
“That’s all you think of me as, right?” I asked him as I got up, dragging the thick bedcovers with me and covering myself up with them. “A stupid, fuckass teenager?”
“I never said stupid or fuckass.”
“You still think I’m only a teenager though!” I protested, blinking back a tear.
“Technically you are.” Frank said calmly, pulling his boxers back on. “And if you want me stop thinking that you’re just a teenager, which I don’t, you have to quit acting like one.” he told me, firmly. Like how my dads would tell me off. Like a fucking parent. Like a fucking grown up.