Fathers

She must have had something to do with it.

Mikey’s POV
I strode down the corridor back to Lottie’s room. I’d just been to see Ray. He was awake! But poor Bob...Ray had no idea who he was...Ray thought I was his cousin called Eddie. The doctors said it would take him a while for him to remember, but he might not be able to remember long periods of time.

What would he be able to remember? What if he doesn’t remember anything about Bob? Or Charlotte? Or any of us...
Bob was really shook up. He was still freaked out about Lottie and her baby, and now Ray couldn’t remember him. Bob didn’t know how he felt about Lottie having a baby. He wanted to know who the father was as well.

I opened the door to Lottie’s room and nearly screamed. Lottie was shaking on the bed and Lynd-z was just stood there.
“What the hell are doing?! Help her!” I yelled at Lynd-z as I ran towards Lottie and smacked down on the button that called the nurse into the room. I knew I shouldn’t try to hold Lottie down, but I needed to help her! She was shaking soo much the IV in her hand was rattling on its stand. I was soo scared for her. Her eyes were rolled back and kept flickering and she could hardly stay on the bed.

The nurse walked in the room, took one look at Lottie, stuck her head out of the room and yelled for a doctor. She then rushed over to Lottie’s bed.
“You’re going to have to leave. Now.” she told us firmly.
“What? She needs somebody with her!” I said, while Lynd-z shot out of the room.
“She needs a doctor right now! Leave!”

I headed out the room glancing back at Lottie all the time. Doctors pushed their way past me through the door and slammed it shut as soon as I was out the room. I was soo worried about her...

I forced myself away from the door and headed over to the nursery. I stood outside it and gazed into the huge glass window and found Lottie’s baby. The card on the clear plastic crib just said ‘Baby girl Bryar-Toro’.
I sighed. She didn’t even have a name. It upset me a bit. I knew Charlotte had a name in mind for her, but to be honest, I think she was hoping Frank would come back before she named her.

A nurse who I’d met yesterday wandered past and said I could go in and see the baby. I thanked her and let myself in, being as quite as I could be. I walked over to the baby’s crib and lifted her up as carefully as I could. I cradled her in my arms and cooed at her.
‘Poor baby girl.’ I thought to myself. ‘Being born in all this mess.’

After a while of just cuddling the baby, I laid her back down and went to go check on Charlotte. A nurse was sat by her waiting for me.
“Charlotte gave us quite a scare.” she told me. “But she’s fine. She was just having an allergic reaction to the antibiotics, and she showed signs of stress, which wouldn’t have helped either. We’ve put her on a new course of antibiotics and just keep her calm and try to always have someone with her.” she told me. I nodded and the nurse left.

I took the nurse’s place and took hold of Lottie’s hand and stroked it gently. None of us knew she was allergic to her medicine. And I knew she was stressed out, but I didn’t think it was that much... Lynd-z had done something. She must have.