I Think I Love You

One

Alexander Davies was alone. He was alone in the world as well as being alone in the stupidly dark corridors of his school’s science block. School had long since finished, he’d left here in the first place about six hours ago, at half-past three. Now it was nine thirty on the dot. The last thing a sexuality confused, socially branded fifteen-year-old male needs is being seen wandering the blackened corridors of his school alone.
He stuffed his hands in the pockets of his red skinny jeans, pulling out his phone. He slid it up in the hope of illuminating his surroundings, but found that it was out of battery. He cursed under his breath and shoved it back in his pocket. He walked past Mr Seller’s room and the smell of yesterday’s experiment that had evidently gone awry made him screw up his nose in disgust.
Now, Alex was here for a reason. Not just because he felt like wandering aimlessly around the science block at night for the fun of it. He’d got a note - well, more had a note passed to him - in English third period. It’d told him to go to the science block after dark tonight. Hence why he was here. He’d told his parents that he was staying at Ali’s for the night and would be back home tomorrow. This obviously was a lie. But his parents bought it, so it didn’t matter.
He had a reasonable idea who wrote the note, probably some girl who fancies the pants off him. He couldn’t tell from the handwriting, as it was all in block capitals, therefore he couldn’t tell who wrote it. They’d said to meet them in Miss Harper’s room, because they needed to tell him something important.
As Alex neared the stated room, he slowed to an incredibly slow pace. He was wary of whoever it was for the suggestion of meeting after dark in the vicinity of dangerous chemicals.
A flash of light blinded him momentarily. He squinted through the newfound light at the face of the person who held the torch in their hands. He recognized them straight away.
Edward Minton was Alex Davies’ best friend. He had been for what seemed like an age now. They’d never kept any secrets from the other and never really fell out. He was the school “recluse” , if not for a better term, not talking to anyone outside his group of friends unless he had to.
‘Oh thank God, it’s only you, Ed.’ Alex sighed in relief.
‘Yeah.’ Ed smiled, taking in the younger boy’s appearance ‘Shall we get this over with, then?’ Alex looked at him in surprise.
‘That note was from you…? He asked. Ed nodded in reply, his raven black fringe falling over his nervous brown eyes.
He pushed open the door to Miss Harper’s room, flicking the light switch, sparking the cheap light bulbs into life and illuminating the room with a dingy yellowish glow. He sat down on the edge of the first desk he came to, and Alex sat next to him.
‘Don’t hate me.’ Ed looked at Alex, his brown eyes now showing a mix of emotions.
‘Where did that come from?’ Alex asked quietly, raising an eyebrow at him. Ed shook his head.
‘Just promise you won’t hate me.’ He pleaded, his voice shaking with the nerves. Alex shot him a concerned look.
‘Okay. I promise. Now what is it that you need to tell me?’ He asked and answered in the same sentence. Ed held the eye contact for a second before looking away.
‘I… Ihavefeelingsforyou.’ he gabbled, glad to get it off his chest.
‘English?’ Alex asked, trying to cast some comedy on the situation. Ed let out a distressed sigh.
‘I… I have feelings for you… Like, more than best friend feelings…’ Ed told him, keeping himself from looking into Alex’s eyes ‘Please don’t hate me…’
Alex instinctively threw his arms around Ed in the hope of giving him a little comfort.
‘Ed…’ he began to ask ‘Is this what all this is about?’ Ed nodded, still refusing to look Alex in the eyes.
‘I’ve felt this way for too long… Too long now. I shouldn’t feel like this, but I really can’t help it…’ Ed bit his lip to stop himself crying ‘All the time I was with Natasha, you were all I could think about, even when I was kissing her…’
Alex remembered Ed dating Natasha. Pretty girl, but whenever he saw them together he always felt a pang of jealousy. These pangs grew into full-blown stabs in the heart when he saw them kiss. But, he thought, he shouldn’t feel this way about his best friend, should he? He was straight, wasn’t he? That was when Alex first became confused about his sexuality. He was jealous of his best friend’s girlfriend, yet he still thought she was pretty. So that must make him bi, right? That’s what he decided, although he’s still not entirely certain.
‘Is that what you wanted to tell me?’ Alex asked, his stunned attitude wearing off. Ed finally managed to look into his eyes.
‘Yeah.’ He stood up and headed for the door ‘I’m gonna go now.’
‘Don’t.’ Alex stated, looking Ed in the eyes.
‘Why not?’ Ed asked ‘What I said hasn’t sunk in yet, and when it does I want to have a halfway round the world head start before you hunt me down and kill me.’
‘Because I don’t want you to go.’ Alex stood up and went over to him ‘I want to ask you a few things first.’ Ed gulped and braced himself for the worst.
Alex gently slipped his arms around the older boy’s waist, so as not to surprise him.
‘How long have you felt this way?’ Alex asked, holding Ed in one place by his waist.
‘Since about a month before I started dating Tasha.’ Ed replied after a sharp intake of breath at the sudden contact.
‘Right.’ Alex continued, spinning Ed around so that they faced each other ‘And what would you say if I kissed you right now?’
Ed opened his mouth to reply but couldn’t as Alex’s lips were already on his. It took Ed by surprise, but he quickly warmed to the situation. Their lips moved in perfect synchronization with the others, Ed eventually granting Alex access. Alex slid his tongue into Ed’s mouth, making sure to caress every part of it as best as he could before pulling away.
‘Y’see Ed, the truth is, I think I love you…’ He whispered into Ed’s ear ‘But I’m certain I’d love to tell the guys that we’re more than best friends…’ Ed looked at him, almost not believing what he’d heard.
‘You’d… You’d do that?’ he asked, meeting Alex’s gaze.
‘Yep.’ Alex said, smiling ‘Because you mean that much to me.’ He slid his hands down and caught hold of Ed’s ass beneath his baggy jeans.
‘We shouldn’t be doing this in a science room.’ Ed stated the obvious.
‘Where do we go then? My parents think I’m at Ali’s…’ Alex pondered, taking Ed’s hand and opening the door.
‘My family is away for the whole weekend…’ Ed smirked, leading Alex outside into the school grounds.
‘Your place it is then.’ Alex finished, heading in the direction of Ed’s house.
Within fifteen minutes they were back at Ed’s place, and sure enough, both of his sisters and his parents were nowhere to be found.
‘Mind if I share with you tonight?’ Alex asked as Ed closed his bedroom door and made sure it was locked.
‘Nope, not at all.’ Ed smiled ‘In fact, I’d quite like it.’
‘So it’s settled then.’ Alex said, pulling off his shirt ‘We’re officially a couple and we’re sharing a bed tonight.’
‘You’re sleeping in your boxers?’ Ed asked incredulously as Alex kicked off his shoes.
‘Yeah… That is, if you don’t mind…’ He looked at Ed with his innocent blue eyes.
‘No, I don’t…’ Ed gave in, unable to resist Alex’s eyes ‘Actually, I think I’ll join you…’
In ten minutes, they were laying side by side in each other’s arms.
‘This should be fun…’ Alex whispered into Ed’s ear before placing a light kiss on his cheek. “Fun” wasn’t exactly the first thing that came to Ed’s mind, more how perilously close they were to underage sex.
‘Actually, Ed,’ Alex whispered into the Japanese boy’s ear yet again ‘I don’t think I love you. I know I love you.’
♠ ♠ ♠
There you go. =]
Comments?
xo
S