Cirque De Panicke

Chapter 21.

Gabe took Ella to his tent and he quickly drew a pentagram into the ground. He placed the necklace in the middle of it and held out his hand to Ella. “I might be able to channel it better if I hold your hand.”

Ella took hold of his hand, hers slightly shaking, although she could also feel Gabe’s shaking.

“I call to the spirit world, let a spirit make passage tonight.” Gabe began his eyes closed in concentration. “Let us commune with the spirit, Rosa Santos, so that we may find peace of mind. So mote it be, so mote it be.”

“So mote it be.” Ella whispered.

Nothing happened for a few seconds, then a glowing orb appeared in front of them, inside the pentagram, which turned into a bright light. When it disappeared, Rosa stood before then, slightly transparent but still there.

“Mom…” Ella went to move forward to her.

“No honey.” Rosa stopped her. “You have to keep hold of Gabe’s hand. That’s the only reason I’m here, with both of your magic working together.”

“Rosa.” Gabe whispered.

“Hello Gabe.” She smiled. “It’s been a while.”

“21 years.” He replied. “You still look beautiful.”

“I got older. You stayed young, handsome, eternal.”

“Rosa, I’m so sorry this happened to you. If we hadn’t have got close, you would still be alive.”

“If we had never got as close as we did, Ella wouldn’t be standing next to you.”

“So… she is my daughter?” Gabe needed confirmation from the one person who would know the truth.

Rosa nodded. “There was no one after you, not for a few years. And when I found out, I left. I didn’t want to, but I knew you had the circus, I didn’t want to burden you.”

“I was going to leave it all for you, I loved you.”

“But you loved the circus more.” Rosa said with a sad smile. “You would have craved to go back.” Gabe said nothing. He knew that she was right. “I have to go now, I wasn’t allowed down here for long.”

“No.” Ella said.

“Honey, you needed to say goodbye, you needed closure. I’m happy, nothing can hurt me anymore. You don’t need to worry about me.” She looked between them. “And follow your heart. You have Gabe with you. He can look after you.”

“I love you mom.” She said, a few tears leaking from her eye.

“I love you too honey.” She said. Then she looked at Gabe. “I love you Gabe.”

“I love you Rosa.” He said and with that, Rosa turned back into the light and disappeared.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, who liked?

Comment?

Much Love!

D!ATD xoxo