Are we Growing up, or just Going Down?

Prologue [=]

"GO TO HELL!" I shouted up the stairs as Patrick slammed the door on me. It wasn't long before he opened it against to shout back at me.
"I HOPE YOU CHOKE!"
"CRASH YOUR CAR!" I screamed, tears pouring down my face. I hated to fight with him like this. But I couldn't stop myself screaming my heart out at him. Even if it was the middle of the night. In a university dorm block. With other people sleeping in it.
"FUCK YOU!"
"SHUT THE HELL UP! I DON'T LOVE YOU ANYMORE CAN'T YOU UNDERSTAND THAT?!"
"WHY THE HELL WOULD I UNDERSTAND, GARCE?!" He said, running down the stairs to me, anger all over his face and taking over his energy.
"NOT AFTER WHAT YOU FUCKING DID, PATRICK! YOU CAN'T DO THAT TO ME! YOU CAN'T DO THAT TO MY FRIENDS! DEATH THREATS? WHAT'S GOT INTO YOU?!" I was right up in his face now, looking straight into his eyes. "Fame has ruined you. You and your band." I snarled, rushing upstairs and grabbing my clothes and belongings.
"What the hell are you doing?" He asked, following me.
"I'm leaving." I said, shoving my things into the suitcase. This was my last resort. Leaving uni.
"Where the fuck will you go?!"
"SOMEWHERE AWAY FROM HERE! ENGLAND! I'M GOING BACK!" Patrick swerved me round and grabbed my wrists.
"Crawling back to your pathetic emo friends, are you?"
"YOU AND PETE ARE THE PATHETIC ONES!" I roared, trying to make him let go of me.
"You're not going anywhere as long as I'm here. I love you and whether you not you do as well you're stuck with me. You're not going back to Ray or any of those bastards again."
"PATRICK STOP IT! THIS ISN'T YOU! I WANT TO GO! I DON'T LOVE YOU! LET ME GO!" I said, frantically struggling now. "LET. ME. GO!" I said, pulling away one last time, my wrists scratched, but I was free. I grabbed the case and ran. Ran as fast as I could from the guy I used to even love. But now... things had changed... It seemed like I didn't know him anymore. I grabbed my red hoodie from inside the door and headed out into the pouring rain. I hid around the corner, hood up, as Patrick stormed outside after me and then heading back inside, cursing under his breath. I shivered. I was now afraid of him. Suddenly something vibrated in my pocket. Someone was calling me. I looked at my phone, Grace? Grace was calling me this late? She was on the other side of the english channel! Why call me this late, when we're two hours away from each other? I flipped my phone open and held it to my ear. We were both Grace, but I was Garce.
"Hello?" My voice sounded high and weak. It sounded scared.
"GARCE! Something's happened!" She didn't sound too happy. She sounded bloody scared too! What the hell was wrong?
"What?!" I panicked. I knew that this had something to do with Patrick. Something wasn't right.
"Gee and Ray have been attacked somehow!" It sounded like she was crying. I could hear shouts and sirens in the background.
"What?!" I shouted into the phone. "Are they okay?!" I heard frank shouting on the other side of the phone...
"LET ME SEE THEM! I'M THEIR FRIEND FOR GODS SAKE! LET ME SEE THEM!"
Grace spoke again. "They're being put in the ambulance just now..."
"OH MY FRIKKIN GOD! I'll come as soon as possible! What the hell happened?!"
"They were walling on the bridge, Gee was talking on the phone to me saying I should join them and then just... I... I..."
"WHAT?!" I said, nervous more than ever now. "NEXT?!"
"I heard Ray swearing and then Gee dropped the phone and I heard fighting and then Gee screaming... and then it went all silent and Ray suddenly shouted in the phone screaming to get help and then the line went dead!"
"Oh my god!! AAAAAAAH!" My eyes were wide. Ray and Gee had been attacked. ON THE BRIDGE. What if Gee got pushed off it? WHAT IF RAY GOT STABBED?! WHAT THE HELL IF...? I just had to get there soon... "I'll get the next plane out of here!! I swear! I'll be there for you and the guys!" I said, hanging up and running, my jeans soaked with rain water. I caught a bus to the airport and rushed in. "I NEED THE NEXT EASYJET FLIGHT OUT OF HERE TO LONDON! PLEASE!" I shouted at the half asleep ticket person. He awoke with a start and started checking his computer.
"Nothing to declare, 01:30, gate 34, 6000 kc, passport, and why you might fly at such short notice."
"Here's the money, my passport, and my friends are in hospital!" I said, shoving the stuff under the screen. "Keep the change." I said, taking my passport and running as if my life depended on it.

I guess we should tell you about what happened before all this.

Before the fame.

Before the drinking.

Before the violence.

Before the damn lie.