Are we Growing up, or just Going Down?

Chap. 2

GARCES POV

Revenge!! NOOOO!!
Miss preppy-pants just so happened to accidentally spill her drink all over me. And laugh. Ha-ha -_-. I am not amused. I now had to sit on a plane for two hours soggy. Oh ha-ha indeed.

As soon as we took off, I plugged myself into my iPod, listening to my Evanescense/Muse/Green Day/Beatles/Everything-else-under-the-name-of-rock type play list sort of thing. When ‘She’s a rebel’ came on, my head-nodding and humming became slight head banging and singing.
“She sings of evolution, the dawning of our li-ives!” I sang proudly in tune, or so I thought. But apparently Mister Jocklad and Mrs. Barbiegirl had no taste in music whatsoever. I stopped my SLIGHT rocking out and began to write in my little black book. What was there to write? I began to hum ‘Lucifer’s Angel’ by The Rasmus… that song with that video Paivi sent me was really good… Wait. That was it. INSPIRATION INCOMING! I began to scribble down on the paper, my handwriting splodged all over the page…
“Urm, excuse me miss?” I heard someone say from above me. I looked up and the around late 50s aged airhostess jumped back. Well not really, but you know what I mean. My eye makeup had probably scared her.
“Yes?” I said, trying to sound polite, but my voice was surprisingly croaky and low. Great another side effect of crying. Not only I had the goth makeup, I had the scary voice to match.
“Would you like a drink?” She said, a lot more strick this time. Despite my attempts, I had (apparently) not sounded like the good mannered novelist I (sort of) was.
“No, I’m fine thanks.” My voice growled. Must’ve got a really good reputation by then! She continued to serve drinks to the people on the other side of the isle and the two *cough idiots cough* people next to me. When she finished she looked down at me. I glared back, then she carried onwards, muttering to her partner.
“Kids these day, you know…” Blah de blah de blah. Could she be any more typical middle aged American cartoon extra? I could really imagine her saying: ‘YOU KIDS GET OFF MY LAWN!’ Hahahahaha!

I sighed, it slid into a weak giggle at the end, and then continued to write about this fictional situation. Running through an alleyway on a dark, cold, stormy night. How cliché. One catch. The darkness (I BELIEVE IN A THING CALLED LOVE!) NO not the band but that’s a good idea too hahahahahaha… anyway these shadow things… (In the shadows… What is with me today?!) Are after this guy…. I need a names for him NOW! …. What was that… BAKURA! Yeah! That fitted! So… ‘It was cold…’ Nah way too boring… ‘Nothing scared me more than the situation I was in now. They controlled the city. Lurking in the shadows. They were waiting… for me…’

GRACE C’S POV

“Well Ray, we’re waiting…” I said, the smile fading from my face. I wanted to hear what he had to say from himself.
“What?!” He exclaimed, giving me a what-the-hell-did-I-do look.
“You know what! Garce wanted you to come but noooo, you couldn’t even make it to see your friend at the airport!”
“Airport?” Said a rather bemused Mikey form the other side of the table.
“Yes, airport!” I said, rather loudly, my temper getting worse. “Ray and I were told that Garce was flippin leaving and that she wanted us to meet her at the flippin airport! BUT RAY COULDN’T DRAG HIS SORRY SELF DOWN THERE TO SAY GOODBYE!” I then realized I was standing up, my chair knocked over, and other than the employees and the group of ours, everyone else had left. Ray was wincing, and Frank had his hand around my wrist to stop my from attacking Ray altogether. He frowned a bit before replying. He was ashamed of himself?
“It’s true I didn’t go.” He mumbled. This was turning out to look like one of those stupid Laguna Beach shows on MTV. Gerard and Fruby exchanged glances and Mikey had his mouth wide open. Frank tugged at my sleeve, signalling that I should sit back down again. I opened my mouth to talk but Harri managed to do so before me.
“What the hell? So Garce is moving? To a different country?!”
“Already there.” I said, sitting down. Ray nodded, causing his mass of brown hair to bounce slightly.
“Czech Republic.” He added, looking down sadly. Bob suddenly decided to speak up out of nowhere.
“And WHY didn’t she tell us?!” He exclaimed, angrily pushing his blonde hair out of his face.
“I dun-” I began, but Ray interrupted.
“She went own her own accord.”
“WHAT?!” The majority of the table shouted.
“Exactly. She was afraid of your opinion.” Wow. Was Ray really good as guessing or did Garce tell just him and not me?
“It’s her dream to write, let her have that at least.” I muttered.
“Then I’m confused.” Said Fruby after the matter of a few minutes in silence. “One, Where is Czech-whatever-it-was, and why’d she go there? Two, Why didn’t Ray go?”
“I’m still confused about the eye makeup too…” Said Gerard, sitting up and running his hand through his hair.
“She’s been crying, duh!” Said Frank, was it that obvious? Or was he just looking closely?
“Oops!” Gerard cringed. “Sorry!” He ducked back and gave an embarrassed smile. It wasn’t long before Fruby spoke again.
“Can we get back to my question?” Everyone looked at Ray, apart from me, I was looking at everyone else.
“What?” Whined Ray. “Do I have to say why I didn’t go?”
“Remember the oath!” Said Mikey.
“No secrets kept, no feelings unsaid, unless you’ll run into the rest of us, and you’ll end up dead!” Bob and I recited proudly, in perfect unison. Spooky. Ray sighed. He was obviously irritated.
“I just didn’t want her to…” He paused, and looked at me, an almost pleading look in his eyes saying: ‘Do I really have to say?’
“YES!” I said out loud accidentally, before he even said anything.
“What the hell?” Said Mikey, almost laughing.
“I didn’t want her to-“ And then the rest was mumbled.
“Ray!” Said Bob, folding his arms.
“Make sure we can hear you!” Gee said, giggling.
“Since when did anyone value my opinion this much? I just didn’t want her to see me cry, okay? Done!” He shouted, getting up, somehow accidentally hitting Mikey in the head, and storming off.