Status: Complete. [Sequel - You're A Classic Like A Little Black Dress]

Invisible

"Let's hear it for America's Suitehearts"

My fingers ghosted over the now familiar keys. The notes mixing up to make a beautiful melody that blended perfectly with Patrick’s guitar notes.

He plucked the last note of the song, leaving me to finish the song with a soft, mellow tune.

As the last note hung poignantly in the air, the whole class erupted with applause and cheers. I promptly felt a blush rise up my cheeks and stain my pale skin. Looking over at Patrick, I felt some ease, partly because his soft smile was so comforting but mostly because he was blushing just as profusely as I was!

Mr Gough was standing looking over at the two of us proudly, in a way which was very reminiscent of a proud parent.

‘Thank you so much!’ he said walking towards the front of the classroom where we were standing.

We began walking back to our seats, as I walked past the teacher he whispered ‘That’s the best piece I’ve ever heard from students of your age.’ He smiled before carrying on talking to the rest of the class, congratulating us all on our outstanding work.

Although I was enjoying hearing the praise Mr Gough was throwing our way, I wanted to get out of the classroom. Due to all of the anticipation, I had lots of pent up energy that I was dying to let out.

Patrick and I resumed our seats next to each other listening to the speech Mr Gough was giving. It was quite boring, the standard ‘teacher who’s proud of their students’ speech, nothing the whole class hadn’t heard a million times over.

I began staring at a bird that was perched on a tree branch just out of the window. It hopped from branch to branch, gradually making its way higher and higher through the oak tree.

‘Jess,’ Patrick whispered to me, poking me in the arm lightly.

‘Yeah, Trick?’

‘After class, I need to talk to you,’ his voice adopted a serious tone. I turned around to look at him, and I was met with an adorable smile which made me want to…kiss him.

Within due course, the lesson ended and we all made our way out of the small classroom.

Just as I exited the room, Patrick tapped me on the shoulder from behind.

I swivelled around on the balls of my feet, so I was face to face with him. ‘Oh yeah, sorry. I completely forgot.’

He stood there, rocking from his heels to his toes. Back and forth, looking obviously shy. I was about to question his motives behind this ‘conversation,’ when he asked me a question. ‘Do you want to go to prom with me?’ he said, so quickly it was like the words fell from his
mouth.

I couldn’t hide the overwhelming joy that rose inside me. One simple word made me day. ‘Yes.’
♠ ♠ ♠
It's short, but it needed to be. I think there'll be two more chapters and then the sequel!

Comments?