‹ Prequel: Lessons In New Jersey

We watched our lives on the screen

I don't wanna win this game if I can't play it my

I layed there staring at the ceiling. Realizing what I had just done. And not even the satisfaction of why I did it. Maybe I was just caught up in the situation. I don't know, but I know it shouldn't have happened.

I sat up holding the blanket. "Frank, I think you should leave," I replied back trying not to look at him.

"Why?" he questioned.

"Because what we did was wrong. And I feel horrible about it." I grabbed my towel and wrapped it around me.

"It's because of Gerard isn't it?" he questioned.

I didn't answer back I just walked away.

"He doesn't love you...like he says he does," I heard him reply back and follow me.

"Frank just leave," I replied back grabbing some clothes and going into the bathroom locking the door.

I quickly put on my muscle tee, and work out capris and opened the door. He stood there in the door frame looking at me. I must admit I missed the way he used to look at me before this whole situation.

I walked past him into the living room. He still followed me.

"You don't believe me, do you?" he questioned.

"I don't believe anybody, now go," I replied pointing to the door. He sighed glared at me then walked out the door slamming it behind him making me jump. I stood there for a moment, wishing he hadn't come over. I heard the faint tune of Fur Elise, my favorite ringtone, and walked over to my counter looking at the caller ID.

I answered it "Hello?"

"Maddie?"

"Gerard?...how did you get my number?" I questioned him.

"I called your offices and your boss gave it to me, please will you talk to me." I heard him plead from the other line.

"Gerard I'm not in the mood to talk at the moment," I replied almost hanging up.

"Madeline, please," I heard him again "I want to talk about today."

"What is there to talk about. You and Frank obviously have issues, had a freak out which ended up with a slap to both of you from me," I replied back.

"Our issue is you," he replied, there was a pause for a moment "What I mean is, we were arguing, well kind of like fighting...over you." he replied.

I let out a frustrated sigh "Why!? What is so special about me, I'm just a girl. Who cares Gerard you and Frank have to move on. I don't want to be that one chick who always causing the fights between you and Frank. I'm not that person. Please just forget about me." I replied.

"It's not that easy, I can't just forget about you." He replied sounding sad.

"Gerard....I don't love you....I never have, I'm sorry that you felt that." I replied lying to him. "I gotta go." I didn't hear anything from him, so I just hung up.

I closed my phone and tossed it on the counter, it slid and fell on the floor. I just looked at it and walked away to my couch. Sitting on it and holding my legs close and resting my chin on my knees.