Wake Me up Inside

Part Two

When you regained consciousness you didn't want to open your eyes. You could hear voices but they were blurry and you couldn't quite make out what was said just yet. In about ten seconds you could hear perfectly what was being said and you found that you knew all the voices.

"Did you guys see who did it?" Luna asked. You wondered who had found you.

"Do they need to have seen? Pretty obvious I reckon. This has Malfoy written all over it." Harry said.

You felt your seat move and were startled to realise that you were being held by someone, you were also very embarrassed when you realised that one of their hands was on your naked leg and the mystery hand was moving slowly up and down.

"Nah mate we didn't see but we can tell you it wasn't Malfoy. It was a bunch of girls; we know that because we heard them giggling the whole way back to their compartment the gits." Said your seat and apparent rescuer, Fred Weasley.

You thought this would be the best time to wake up so you pretended to stir gently and then opened your eyes. You were looking straight into the eyes of Fred but you immediately averted your gaze to your hands.

You went to get up but Hermione's hand stopped you, "We went and found a 7th year that was doing healing this year as an extra subject and they said it would be best if you didn't move until we could get you to Madam Pomfrey. So Fred is gonna basically carry you around and then up to the Hospital Wing when we get to the castle. Sorry." She said.

You didn't reply you just moved your hair further across your face and held your locket in your hand again.

"Don't cover your face like that, you have such pretty eyes." You looked to where the voice was coming from and noticed for the first time that Ginny Weasley was sitting there quietly.

She reached across and made to move your hair off of your face but you shook her hand away and turned your head to face Freds body. You could feel more tears coming just from that statement but you didnt want anyone to see them however since you weren't allowed to move from Fred's arms your only choice was to try and hide them and hope no one noticed. Still in less than ten minutes the tears were coming freely and shortly after you felt Freds hand making discrete, yet calming circles on your back.

Once again such a simple gesture made a flood of memories come rushing back to you. A huge sob escaped your lips and Fred quickly got up muttering a "Be back in a little bit" to the others before he left the compartment with you and made for the dressing rooms.

It was quite a walk from where your compartment was to the dressing rooms and on the way you saw a glimpse of daylight coming through window so you knew that the train ride would go on still for quite some time.

When you entered the dressing rooms you heard Draco Malfoy bragging about something and hoped that he wouldn't notice you and Fred. Unfortunately your hopes were just a little too high.

"Oh look guys Weasley's got a girlfriend." Malfoy said, "And luckily for him she never talks so she won't be able to tell him how terrible he is when he shags her." He finished laughing his head off.

"Malfoy you dont even want to go there with me." Fred said dangerously and you were shocked when Malfoy and his friends actually left the changing rooms. Fred sat down on a bench and forced you to look at him, just as Ginny had he moved your hair from your face.

"What's wrong? Ginny was just trying to give you a compliment." He said with question in his gorgeous hazel eyes.

You held your locket harder in your hand and answered him, "My mother used to say that to me." You said.

Fred looked confused, "What do you mean used to?" he asked.

You stared at him, you were utterly shocked, "No one knows do they?" you said, Fred just stared at you blankly. "Everyone treats me like I'm some kind of freak but they dont even know!" you said, you were angry but your voice was still at a normal level.

"Know what?!" Fred asked in an exasperated tone.

"I'm an orphan Fred. My mum died of cancer when I was seven and then when I was ten my dad killed himself. He hated me because I look exactly like her. For a year before he killed himself he couldn't even be in the same room as me. And don't say you understand because you have no idea." You knew right then that you wouldn't be able to look at Fred Weasley again without seeing sympathy written all over his face and you hated that but at least you would have someone you could go to if you needed to talk about things.

You collapsed into more uncontrollable sobs and all the time Fred just held you in his arms, running his hands through your long hair and telling you that you were going to be ok. When you had finally stopped crying Fred looked down at you.

"You're right, I don't understand but Harry might, you should talk to him." He said. You nodded but you knew you weren't going to tell Harry anything even though you knew he would understand.

You had never really told anyone anything about your parents and you figured you never wanted to tell anyone ever again. Fred carried you back to the compartment and sat down with you. Very soon you were asleep and the next thing you knew Madam Pomfrey was telling you to drink a potion in the Hospital Wing.

Fred had gone so afterwards you walked down to the Great Hall by yourself. You walked up to Fred to thank him and heard just enough of his conversation with George and Lee Jordan to ruin any thoughts of you going to talk to Fred about things.

"Guys the girl is a wack job! She cried all over me for about an hour and all cause her parents are both dead, I mean do you see Harry crying all over the place?"

Lee laughed but George just picked at the food on his plate. You knew hed seen you; you turned and walked quickly out of the hall.

Freds Point of View

You finished your sentence and Lee laughed however George didn't.

Then you heard quick footsteps behind you, you turned around and saw that waist length chocolate brown hair walking quickly away from you. You turned back to Lee and Jordan with a cheeky grin.

"Nice ass." You said with a shrug, this time they both laughed and so did you but inside you weren't laughing, you were screaming for mercy from whatever had made you say what you had said.