We Need No Introduction

"You can't play the victim this time."

I sat in the booth beside Zack and folded my arms across my chest while I glared between Bam and Ville. The two were plotting against me… I just knew it.

I wish I was a vampire right now. For one simple reason. Edward Cullen can read minds… and that would be very handy in a situation like this.

I picked up a fry and chomped on it, my glare returning back to the table.

“…and then she was like ‘WTF?’ and I was like ‘IDK,’ and then we went LOL,” Jimmy finished. I looked up at him with what had to be the most confused face in the world.

“Huh?” I asked.

“Hey,” he laughed. “If you were paying attention instead of glaring at those two maybe you’d be LOLing too.”

I looked at everyone else for a second. “No one is laughing.”

“On the inside,” he said almost secretly. “They are laughing like hell.”

Leana laughed. “Shut up.”

“Told you,” Jimmy said as he put his arm around Leana.

Ville started to laugh loudly and I looked over at him. “What’s so funny?” I asked, glowering, somehow knowing it had something to do with me.

“You scowling like you are. What are you angry at, exactly?” he answered. I picked up a fry and threw it at him. “Hey!” he laughed.

“I’m ‘scowling’ because of you and Bam! Why can’t you just accept it instead of having Ville talk to me?” I asked Bam. “I don’t want you in my life, okay?”

“Blaire,” Bam started. “I know but-”

“Don’t even start,” I faked a laugh. “I know what you’re going to say so don’t sound like a broken record. I’m tired of fighting,” I groaned. “So just… leave me alone. I’m only going to tell you once.”

“Why are you still pissed off?” he nearly yelled, becoming angry himself.

“Do you really have to ask that?”

“Guys,” Leana butted in. “If you’re going to fight, do it outside.”

“I want to see this!” Knoxville said with a laugh.

“I‘ll go outside,” I said, pushing my way out of the booth. Bam followed me outside as did Knoxville.

“Now tell me why you’re pissed off still,” Bam said once again.

“Bam, you fucking got me kicked out! My parents thought I was a drug user!”

“Yeah, okay, I get that but I told them the truth!”

“The fact is, Bam, that you still did it. What you did was uncalled for. You could’ve done something totally different to prank me back with but you chose this way. The way that got me kicked out of my house.”

“You’re back into that house so just get over it!”

“No Bam!” I screeched. “I will not get over it! It would be so much easier for you if I would, wouldn’t it?”

“Yes, it would, actually because then I wouldn’t have to fight with my best friend.”

“I’m not your best friend, Bam; I’m not even your friend. Not after your little stunt.”

Bam sighed. “Please, just give me another chance. I beg of you.” Knoxville scoffed behind him.

“No,” I said. “Remember what Ryan told you? I don’t give third chances, so just forget about it.”

“Does this have anything to do with Melissa?”

I glared. “Fuck no! How’d you come up with that? This is all about that bag of weed you stashed in my room. Speaking of which, why didn’t Jimmy and Matt get pranked? Why didn’t anything happen to them?”

Bam paused and looked away as he rubbed the back of his neck.

“Why, Bam? Was this directly aimed to me because of some discrete hatred or is it because you just haven’t gotten them back yet?”

“Neither,” he replied softly.

“Then what is it?”

“I just…”

“Yeah?”

He shrugged. “I just knew you were the one who had started and initiated it.”

“Yeah, because I followed you to disturb some protest, dude! If those cops had caught us, then I would’ve gotten you back tenfold. But you got the payback I thought you deserved and you had the balls to get me back for it. No, Bam. Things just don’t work that way.”

“Just be quiet for a minute.”

“Why the hell should I do that?”

“Because I need to tell you something.”

“What?”

He paused for a bit like he was arguing with himself. “I’m sorry, and I will… say it however many times it takes until you see that. I’m sorry, Blair, I really am.”

“Save it,” I said, spitting at his feet before walking back into the diner.

“So?” Matt asked.

“Well, I hurt my arm yelling at him, but other than that, I’m ready to move back in, so can we go?”

I glanced out the window. Knoxville was talking with Bam.

“We can, but there’s something to ask of you,” Johnny said.

“What?” I asked.

“While you were bitching out Bam we had our own little conversation in here,” Brian said.

“About?”

“Getting wasted at Ville’s.”

“You in?” Zacky asked.

I shrugged. “I guess. What’s the plan?”

“Get drunk, crash at my place, go home the next morning,” Ville said.

“Sounds like a plan,” I replied.

Drunken man’s words are a sober man’s thoughts. This would be interesting