Please Turn Back The Time

One.

September 11, 2001 6 a.m.

HmmHmmmHmmmmHmmm Hmmmm Hmmmm Hmmm....

"Katen? You up sweetie?"

I stopped humming and opened my eyes. I was lying in my bed just humming to that random song again. "Yeah!" I called back to the voice. "In my room." I mumbled as the door opened.

A middle-aged woman walked in. Her light brown hair was pinned back into a bun and a black dress suit hugged her figure.

"Still in bed?" she asked picking up some lose clothing scattered around my bedroom floor.

I nodded closing my eyes again and that song came back into my head.

HmmHmmmHmmmmHmmm Hmmmm Hmmmm HmmmHmmm

"Katen people like them don't matter anymore." she stated matter-o-factly.

I sighed and opened my eyes again and stared at her.

"I know mom." I whispered turning onto my side. I placed my hand on the duvet and played with a loose string. "Some people are just harder to forget."

"Yeah well, what he did is unforgivable." my mom retorted.

I nodded my head slowly. I looked over at my mom and watched as she cleaned up more of my clothes. I rolled my eyes and sat up. "I'll clean up later."

She nodded throwing the piece of clothing in her hands into the hamper. "Right. Please do that before you go to class." She looked at my alarm clock before looking back at me. "I have to go to work sweetie."

"And Dad?" I asked sitting up a little.

"Already left." I sat up fully on my bed and draped my feet over the side. "Have fun today."

I smiled. "I will."

"And try to get some sleep after class." she said as she placed a kiss on my forehead. Sleep is impossible. "Love you."

I smiled. "I love you too."

She left my room and shortly after I heard the front door shut behind her.

I sighed and fell backwards onto my bed. Today was going to be like every other day.

My name is Katen Raleigh Summers and I'm nineteen years old. I have long dark brown hair and I have bright blue eyes. I'm short, only five foot three feet tall. I attend NYU and I'm studying to be a nurse.

I was born and raised in California though. But after some events that happened two years ago, my family moved here. Away from everything, everyone, and him. Anyways, I'm an insomniac. I cant sleep even if I tried. I haven't been able to sleep since that day.

I placed my hand on my thin stomach and closed my eyes tight, before any of the tears could get out.

HmmHmmmHmmmmHmmm Hmmmm Hmmmm HmmmHmmm

Have you ever had a song stuck in your head? And no matter how hard you try it wouldn't go away?

It didn't matter how many other songs you listened to, that one was always there. Like it was meant to drive you crazy for the rest of your life.

Well what happens when this song has been stuck in your head for the past two years?

You might not be able to remember ever word but you have the beat that you can hum to. And thats all you need to remember it. Remember all the memories that came along with that song.

Remembering the happy times. The times you wished to forget.

And it sucks because all you want to do is forget.

They say "to forget the past, there's a reason why its never coming back!"

But don't we always learn the best from past mistakes?
♠ ♠ ♠
So tell me what you think!

The next chapter or two will be like small flashbacks and yes the date is important! I hope everyone knows what this day means!

X to the O

<3Manda

Comment Please!