Please Turn Back The Time

Eighteen.

Tap tap.

I sighed as I sat on the living room couch, watching the rain hit against the window. It was raining. For the first time since I came back.

Leana and Jimmy left two hours before the rain began. Grandma Summers was at one of her friends house, for after noon tea and book session. So I sat on the living room couch watching as the sky grew darker and the rain poured down harder.

And I'll taste every moment and live it out loud. I know this is the time, this is the time: to be more than a name; or a face in the crowd. I know this is the time,This is the time of my life.

"Hello?" I asked picking up my cellphone.

"Katen sweetie." It was my Grandma. "I'm going to be home later due to the rain."

I sighed and looked at the couch. It was six at night and she was suppose to be home now. "Okay."

"Alright sweetie. You can go ahead and make your self something for dinner. The news said it was going to storm for a while longer." She said.

I nodded. "Do you want me to make you something?"

"No that's okay dear." She said, I could picture her winkled face squinting and shaking her head. "And try to get some sleep dear."

I slept last night.

You were drunk and exhausted from letting Brian ravage your body.

I shook my head. "I'll try."

"Okay dear, see you when the rain ends."

"Bye." I muttered and closed my cellphone placing it back on the coffee table.

Boom!

I jumped when I heard a crackle of thunder echo in the sky. I watched as the rain picked up more and lighting flashed again.

I stood up from the couch and walked into the kitchen as my tummy began to growl. I opened the cupboard and pulled out a box of mac and cheese. I bent down and pulled out a pot from another cupboard. Filling it with water I placed it on the stove and waited it for it come to a boil.

"Fuck!" I muttered as another thunder boomed and the lights in house flickered on and off. They stopped for a second and I sighed when they stayed on. But it was short lived when another boom came and the power went out right away. "Fuck."

The power lines went out
And I am all alone
But I don't really care at all
Not answering my phone


I watched as the light on the stove turned off, fucking electric appliances. I turned off the burner and took the pot off it, placing it on a cooler one. "Guess no mac and cheese." I muttered.

I looked out the kitchen window and saw the tree's swaying in the wind and the rain kept pouring down harder. I grabbed a lighter and lit up one of the candles my Grandma had. I heard someone begin to bang on the door, in a loud and annoying pattern.

I sighed and walked to the door with my one lit candle. I fumbled with the lock and knob before I was finally able to twist it open and see who was on the other side.

All the games you played
The promises you made
Couldn't finish what you started
Only darkness still remains


"Uh." He muttered. I watched as the rain dripped off his black fedora and run along his body slowly down to the porch. "Hey Kat-."

I slammed the door in his face before he could even finish. What was he doing here. Did he not get that I wanted to be away from him.

I heard him sigh loudly and a noise, like he was banging on the door again, over powered the rain. "Come on Katy. Let me in, it's raining like a bitch out here." I shook my head at the door and stayed quiet. "God fucking dammit. Katen Raleigh Summers you opening this fucking down now or I'll fucking break it down!"

I narrowed my eyes at the door. "I mean it." He yelled again making me jump slightly at his voice.

Been black and blue before
There's no need to explain
I am not the jaded kind
Playback's such a waste
You're invisible
Invisible to me
My wish is coming true
Erase the memory of your face


I sighed and opened the door, bringing the candle closer to my face. "What do you want Brian?" I asked narrowing my eyes at him.

He walked around me into the house. I rolled my eyes and turned around to look at him as I shut the door. "I found your shirt." He said kicking his shoes off.

I watched as he held out my shirt to me and bend over to pull his other shoe show off so his socks wouldn't get wet. "Great." I muttered, taking my now soaked tank from him. "You can go now."

Brian looked up at me as another sound of thunder crashed. "Not in this weather." He shook his head and walked into the kitchen. "Did you eat anything?" He called.

I sighed and placed my shirt on the steps. There was no point in trying to kick Brian out of my house. He was to big and to strong for me to even move him, more him a millimeter.

"I'm not hungry." I said as I watched him look in the pot on the stove. I sat down on the kitchen table as he opened the fridge.

"It's dark." I rolled my eyes at his comment. "I can't see." I scoffed and made his head pop up fast, making him hit the fridge door. I laughed as he rubbed his head. "You think that's funny?" He asked walking towards me.

"Very." I giggled as I watched both his hands be placed on top of the table, across from me. He leaned forward into the light and our faces were so close to each other.

"I don't find it funny?" He muttered, he was about to say something when he face fell from that evil smirk to a look of sadness. "Where is-"

"My Grandma went to a friends house for tea and a book session." I told him leaning back to move my head away farther from his.

Brian stared at me blankly before he shook his head. "I didn't mean your Grandma." He said looking away from my eyes and down at the candle. I followed his graze and was captivated by the dancing flame like he was. "I meant." he muttered causing me to pick my head and look up at him. "Our um your..." he shook his. "Our baby."

I stared at him for awhile making sure that was exactly what he said. Did he really just ask were our child was? Brian moved his eyes away from the flame and looked back into mine. He was waiting for me to answer but I couldn't speak as my throat became dry and tears spilled over my eyes.

"Baby." He whispered and walked around the table and crouched down in front of me. He grabbed my hands away from my eyes. I cried even more when he said baby again. "Katy."

I sobbed and looked down at my hands that Brian had over lapped with his.

One day
You will wake up
With nothing but "you're sorrys"
And someday
You will get back
Everything you gave me


"He" I sobbed and shook my head. "He didn't make it." I sobbed softly and watched as Brian's face fell again.

"He." he whispered and I could hear the pain in his voice. But Brian didn't cry. Brian just stared at me with a blank stare and kept muttering 'He'.

I waited for at least ten minutes before I gave up on Brian and removed my hands from his. When I did his face darkened. "You killed our child!" he muttered. I glared at him. How could he think I would kill Jayden."I leave and you pay me back by killing my child!"

I smacked my hand against Brian's cheek. But I was satisfied and slapped the other side. His cheeks grew red and I could still feel the sting in my hands, and I bet he could feel it to.

He was about to say something as he clenched his face but I stood up. "Go home." I spat and shoved past him and up the stairs to my room with the candle in my hands.

When I got to my room I placed the candle down on my night stand and collapsed onto my bed. My body curled into a ball, as my arms went around my knees, holding to me tightly.

Lost sight
Couldn't see
When it was you and me

Blow the candles out
Looks like a solo tonight
I'm beginning to see the light
Blow the candles out
Looks like a solo tonight
But I think I'll be alright


I heard the front door slam shut making the house and my heart shake.
♠ ♠ ♠


Comment