Expectations

Chapter Thirteen: Grueling Time Doled Out

Image

Gina found Robert and Miranda’s relationship grueling to watch. She happened to be always at the right place and time, catching them in the middle of an intense stare or conversation. The superstar’s ostensible interest for her best friend couldn’t go further. Gina had always thought about Miranda as a stupendous girl, both mentally and physically; and seeing her alongside this deity… holly Christ, it hurt!

“Hello” murmured Gina in an anguished tone.

After what seemed an eternity, Miranda answered softly, “Hey G, what’s up? What you’ve been up to?”

“We saw each other ten minutes ago” Gina said in the most prudent way she could manage.

“Oh... that’s right,” a brazen face appeared on her face suddenly, “well… uh, gotta go for some… books I… forgot!” she trudged away rapidly, Gina could see how she texted on the way.

“Couldn’t she just dole some of her time to talk to me?” she thought.

Ostentation hadn’t worked…maybe it was just too conventional and overused; she had to find something to call Robert’s attention. Somehow, right now.

“My stupid orthodox parents won’t help… I’ll have to ask my virtuous sister, again. It seems all my attempts are coming to naught eventually,” Gina sighed as she pondered her thoughts over and over again, realizing all of a sudden that she was now alone standing in the hallway.