Expectations

Chapter Two: Relationships

Image

The alarm clock started sounding with its usual peal; I reached out an arm from under the covers and slammed the clock.
Laid on my bed for a few minutes more, I started thinking on the usual routine I’ll have to perform next.
The day before after school, Gina and I had been walking around the shopping mall like idiots, doing nothing but checking out guys that randomly came by.

I suddenly stood up and walked towards the bathroom. Then took a quick shower, dressed up casually and swiftly went down the stairs.
James, my older brother, was already eating breakfast and watching ESPN’s Sports Center on TV.

“Hey, what’s up… how was your sleep?”

“As always… umm… I wanted to ask you something.” James replied with his mouth full with PB & J.

“Sure…”

“Could you stop bringing that bitch to this house? You know, Gina or whatever she is called, she’s just bad influence for you. Or, well, if you’re really fond of her, at least do not bring her while my friends are here, she’s just disgusting.”

“How dare you! She’s my best friend and you know it!” I cried. This was stupid.

“I’m kidding! You know I love her, she’s just so funny, chill out!”

“Well, that was the worst joke…” I whispered. I saw that coming, actually.

“In fact, you both can come to the game today, a British friend of mine is coming… Robert, and I don’t want him to feel alone on his stay”

“For sure we’ll be there! Jesus Christ, British! I hope he’s as sexy as his name sounds...”

“Well you can meet him later then. I must go lil’ sis, see ya later.” said James kissing her cheek and grabbing the keys of his car.

It was amazing how good our relationship was, most of the high school siblings kept fighting, but my brother and I were as close as best friends.

I finished with my Cheerios and went out the door, walking to the corner where the bus would pick me up in two minutes.

I jumped in the big yellow car and searched for my usual seat. Gina was seating there as always, next to the window, watching through it as if she was expecting something.
♠ ♠ ♠
Updated
PLEASE comment!
Any suggestions are accepted