Expectations

Chapter Three: The Meeting

Image

After a long Friday morning at school, Gina and I headed to the football field expecting a usual match: infested by parents and disturbing cheerleaders.
We quickly took a seat apart from the action, next to a mysterious guy wearing a nice pair of Ray Ban’s.
The game started and a couple of plays were run, giving Sycamore a touchdown and seven points. I suddenly noticed Gina’s nervousness, she had started biting her nails and touching her rebel hair excessively.

“What’s wrong?”

“You won’t believe it if I told you...” she whispered with excitement all over her face.

“What is it?” I cried.

“Shut it!! The guy beside me…”

“What about him?”

“He’s a Hollywood star, he’s Robert Pattinson!” Gina murmured in reply.

“Yeah well, then I’m Audrey Hepburn.” I answered sarcastically, laughing out loud.

“I mean it Miranda!”

“How can you be so sure? There might be millions of guys with similar features.”

“I know it’s him, just look at his expression: serious, cold and with a touch of sarcasm.”

“Well then, talk to him, he’s right beside you, and please stop acting with that funky attitude, and knock it off with the nail biting!” I said slapping her hand.

I could hear Gina’s heart beating rapidly inside her, willing to jump out. She raised her head, searching for my comforting gaze, but I pretended to be too concentrated on the game.
I could guess it was one of the moments in which she felt ugly, sweaty and totally insecure about everything.

Gina suddenly moved her legs to her right side, uncrossing them from the position they had been, and gawked at the man she had on her side.

“Err… hey. I didn’t mean to bother you, err... That’s a nice tee!”

The guy immediately drew a smile on his gorgeous face; he kept silent and turned to watch the developing game.

I could see how hot, stupid shame starting running through my friend’s body.

“Miranda, I need help, I can’t just talk to him just like that, I’m afraid I can screw it.”

“Oh come on! Just watch and learn, it is not that hard!”

“Excuse me, my friend over here believes that you…” and before I could finish the phrase, he took off his glasses and stared at her eyes. My mind went blank and I gasped in surprise. I stopped breathing.

“You were saying?” he said with a beautiful British accent that caused goose bumps on both girls.

“ We were… we… I...”

“I’m Robert, pleased to meet you”, he replied with the smirk on his face again.

“Oh, we’re pleased too, my name is Miranda Rock, and this is Gina Adams, we both study at Sycamore”

“From that amazing Rock family, huh? You must be James’s sister, he has talked so much about you.”

And so the conversation grew. It turned out that Robert was on vacation at Boston, he was taking a break from his last movie and was searching for a more peaceful surrounding.

Gina remained silent while we both talked, gawking the whole time at Pattinson’s expressions. At the end of the football match, Rob and I exchanged emails and held an intense stare.
The chemistry between us was evident.
♠ ♠ ♠
Updated too