Expectations

Chapter Seven: Changes

Image

Gina had made up her mind on the last two hours of insomnia. She was going to dress up way far attractive, to call Rob’s attention. She stood violently up and opened the wooden doors of her closet, she rummaged inside the drawers, trying to find sexy clothes.

She owned none.

“What the hell are you doing?” said Leah from the door

“I’m trying to find hot clothes to wear to impress someone” mumbled Gina.

“Well. I might help you if you want to.”

“Really? What sexy clothes do you own? I’ve never seen anything too hot on you...”

“Oh shut up, you want my help or not? I might dress up with you as well, just for fun… But don’t expect whore clothes, ok?”

“Ok, ok… what you’ve got?”

***

"All set." Leah smiled as she finally let Gina look at herself in the mirror, it was safe to say that she looked much more different, but her eyes and still sort of greasy hair gave her away.

Leah had applied the right amount of make up and the right colors which Gina thought look nice as they matched with the red V- neck and the plain jeans that hugged her hips in the right places.

Her dull brown hair shone slightly and instead of her fizzy appearance it looked wavy and fell nicely around her shoulders, the make up had done a nice job covering her usually greasy and pale skin, but her eyes still held that dull and dead appearance.

Gina frowned but shrugged it off; at least she'd now be in Rob's sight instead of Miranda.

The bus had left fifteen minutes ago, so the two girls trudged down the street in a hurry. Gina’s feet started hurting right away, she was not used to high heels.

“Oh Christ, walk straight! You look like a chicken suffering!” joked Leah

“Leave me alone, I’m not used to it!" Gina pushed the entrance door in pain.

Running five blocks on heels was a complete torture. They had arrived just in time, there were still five minutes left for the beginning of the first class.

“There they are, come with me, please!” said Gina

“Okay, let’s go.” replied Leah cheerfully

“Hey guys.”

“God, that’s you G?” said Miranda in awe, “You look amazing, you’re giving a speech today?”

“Err… yeah. You know, the formal speech…” she lied, “Hi Robert.”

Rob had been distracted watching Miranda, she hadn’t even noticed Gina’s presence.

“Sorry, hi? Uhm, you look nice...” he said without taking his eyes off Miranda.

“Err…this is Leah, my stepsister.” she replied, her face blushed in disappointment

For the first time Robert moved his eyes from were they where and turned to look at Leah.

“I’m really pleased to meet you, I’m Robert Pattinson. I’m staying at the Rock’s place for a while.” he said touching Leah’s shoulder

“I’m pleased too, you’re studying for that while at Sycamore?”
“No, I was about to leave, I just came to accompany Miranda.”

A slim blue-eyed approached to them, he had just entered through the crystal doors.

“All set, let’s go Rob.” The bell rang just then. “Hello, do we know each other?” said James the moment he saw Leah’s face.

Leah blushed, she had just overcome meeting the God Robert Pattinson, and now she was talking to a real hottie, she could barely take it.

“We don’t, I’m Gina’s sister, and you are…?”

“James Rock, it’s so nice to meet such a beautiful lady.” he said kissing her hand, “How come you hadn’t presented your sister?” he said turning to look at Gina.

He did not notice her change, either.