The Face of Beauty to Fall For

Don't Take It Out On Me

The next morning, I awoke to Marilyn Manson’s Personal Jesus blaring directly into my ear. I jumped up and screamed. “Cullen! What the HELL are you doing in my room?!” I screamed at him.

He smiled and turned the volume down on my iPod. “You said that you were up here if we needed anything, and I needed something.” He said with a smirk.

Had I not been so pissed off at him, I’d have probably melted a little at that, but as it was, I didn’t. I huffed, “I didn’t think you would actually wake me up for it.” I said, throwing a pillow at him as hard as I could.

He blocked it and kept smirking.

Well? What did you need?” I asked venomously.

His smirk faded. “I’ve forgotten.”

OUT! GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY ROOM RIGHT NOW!” I roared, grabbing his hand and pulling him to the door, pushing him roughly onto the landing and slamming the door shut in his face.

“That was rude.” He said from the other side of the door, the lack of footsteps on the stairs making it quite obvious that he wasn’t leaving.

“Are you just going to stand out there until I come out?” I asked, walking into the bathroom to turn the water on.

“I’ve brought a book and everything.” He told me, the sound of rustling pages following.

I let out an angry growl and opened the door again. “Leave my house. NOW.” I told him.

He looked up, having sat down on the landing. “I can’t. There’s only two vehicles here for my family and I to leave in, and if I take one, then they’ll have no way home.” He said, smiling at me.

My eyes narrowed angrily. “You didn’t have a problem stranding them last night. Now go.” I said, pointing down the stairs.

He gave me another smile and went back to reading his book.

I screamed in rage and slammed the door shut on him again. I was still fuming while I showered, dressed, put make up on, put my hair up, and threw on a hat.

“You are a plague, Cullen.” I said, unsurprisingly opening the door to him reading.

He stood and stretched. “I like to think of myself as more of a pest, but thank you anyway.” He said, walking down the stairs.

“You’re lucky I can control myself or I’d have killed you by now.” I told him, following him downstairs.

“Did you devirginize him, Ember?” Elizabeth asked from the couch.

I couldn’t help but laugh at the amount of hatred that simple fact had brought into the glare aimed at her from Edward.

“By that look, I’m guessing no.” She said, unphased.

I shook my head and went into the kitchen for some orange juice and some toast. I stopped dead when I saw the clock. “It’s seven AM?” I asked, looking at Edward with a whole new look of hate.

“Is it?” He asked, smirking again.

I grabbed the kettle from it’s place on the stove and hurled it at his head, smiling with sick satisfaction when it came in contact with his head, the rest of his family looking at him.

Elizabeth didn’t even care that her car crashed into the side of the wall on the video game she’d been playing.

He stood and grabbed the kettle, pulling his hand back to throw it at me.

“Edward!” Alice said, taking hold of his hand. “Don’t..” She said, looking straight into his eyes.

His hand fell to his side, and the kettle clattered to the floor. He grabbed his jacket and keys and walked outside, slamming the door behind him.

I looked at them awkwardly. “He deserved it?” I offered.

“We know. It’s been a long time coming.” Elizabeth spoke up, starting the game over again.

Zachary gave her a scolding look and took the controller from her.

I grabbed my breakfast and took the seat Edward had been in. “Sorry guys. He just bothered me.” I said, taking a bite of toast.

“He thinks that if he annoys you enough, you will end up hating all of us and not want to be our friend.” Alice told me.

“It won’t work, though. You love us.” Emmett said, smiling at me.

I laughed. “I do love you guys. You’re my first real friends since… ever really.”

They smiled warmly at me.

I smiled back, “Hey, where’s Doc?” I asked, looking around for my dog.

“I think he’s at the door… He’s kinda attached to Edward.” Jasper said, looking over the back of the couch at the dog.

I sighed, “Just my luck.”