My Brutal Romance

Chapter 2

It was gloomy, my eye’s had just adjusted to the darkness. Something stirred in the corner of the room I could hardly make it out, there was also a women limply laid across the floor. I crept over to her, she was covered in blood. I turned her over to look at her face.
“Alicia” I screamed.
She looked awfully pale as I held her in my arms crying.

“Gerard, wake up” Frank shouted.
I awoke. I hated these dreams the strange thing was they were so real.
“You can sleep though anything” Frank muttered “What a coffee”
“Yeah, please” I replied.
Frank wandered over to the machine.
“You were shouting out Alicia in your dream is there something your not telling us” he giggled nearly knocking the coffee percolator over.
“No, just a real bad dream” I said.
“Not those again, remember last time you didn’t’t sleep for weeks, you were so fucked” he said wisely.
“I don’t know what’s wrong with me” I replied.
Frank handed me a strong cup of coffee, this stuff is so damn good, it keep’s me going.
I’d had these strange dreams for a few months now, sometimes they were so disturbing I couldn’t’t sleep. Maybe it was the morphine rotting my mind. Last
time I killed Frank over and over again and I daren’t think what would have happened if I suffered from sleep walking.
Mikey strolled in and helped himself to Frank’s coffee.
“Hey” Frank shouted.
“Leave it Frank” he said unhappily.
“What’s wrong Bro” I enquired.
“It’s Alicia, she had nearly died last night, I’ve been at the hospital since early hours this morning” he said sadly.
“How’s the baby” Frank asked.
“She’s fine, but if Alicia died so would she, it’s scaring me” he cried before bursting into tears.
I got up and comforted him, he sobbed on my shoulder.
“Mikey, she’ll be fine, they’ll both be fine” I said lovingly.
“Gerard, she started to bleed, there was blood everywhere, it was horrible and then she screamed” he muttered “I thought she was going into labour like 5 month’s early, I really thought she was dying”.
“Mikey, really who in their right mind would leave you, cheer up, they’re taking care of her now, there’s nothing more you could have done” I said softly.
“Sorry to interrupt you two but remember the little deal we clinched with a certain band whom wanted to see us again” he said.
“Shit” Mikey cried “Matt, we’ve got to be there in…..”
Frank interrupted again “10 minutes” he laughed.
“Oh, God we’ll never make it on time” I muttered.
“Good job I have a plan B which is in play” Frank sniggered.
“What had you done now” I said inquisitively.
“Well, I rang and said dudes were in shit at the moment so would you mind swinging by here and they were like no that’s fine and Matt want’s to show us his new car anyway”
I ran over and hugged him.
“Frank you’re a genius” I said happily.
“Sometimes” Mikey added.
I whispered into Frank’s ear “Is everything ready for you know what”
“Yeah” he whispered back.
Today was Mikey’s birthday, he was really upset with Alicia but we had a few surprises up our sleeves to make sure he remembered the day for the right reasons.
We waited out side, smoking on our cheap cigarettes and Matt pulled up followed by another car with the rest of the band in.
“Wow” Mikey exclaimed “These are beautiful car’s”
As he began to inspect them, Matt walked over.
“Do you like it, this shit was made to order so even the seat height is made to fit him” he said rather chuffed with himself.
Zacky, Syn, Johnny and The Rev jumped out of one of the car’s.
“Yo” Syn screamed before falling flat on his face.
Zacky and Johnny picked him up.
“Drunk again, I’m afraid” Zacky murmured.
The Rev ran over to me and planted a kiss on my cheek.
“Hey beautiful” I yelled.
“You look gorgeous today” he said in a camp manner.
We laughed, we used to do that all the time to confuse friend’s or wind up fans but I have to say he’s not a bad looking man.
“Doe’s Mikey know yet” he whispered, his soft breath tickled my skin and sent a shiver down my spine.
“Um…no not yet” I replied.
My palms were becoming sweaty and I was stuttering, did I actually fancy The Rev.
My mind was going into over drive, Bob and Ray joined us.
“Mikey, your 27 today and we’ve all chipped in and got you a present” Matt shouted.
“Your one in a million” Syn yelled drunkenly.
“You’re my younger brother and best friend, I love you so much and we tried to express that a little” I said shyly as I gave him a small box.
He looked at each one of us his, tears were beginning to swell in his eye’s, he opened it to reveal a key.
“What’s this for” he said stupidly.
I pointed to the sliver and black Toyota Celica, his mouth dropped. Frank and Zacky ran over and pulled of the paper covering the number plate ‘ MIKEY W1’.
“ARGHHHHHHHHH” he screamed in shock.
He ran up to it and unlocked in and sat in the custom made leather seats, Matt had even put a baby seat in it for their maternity leave. Mikey began to cry.
“This is one of the best things that could happen to me, you guys really know how to cheer a man up” he sobbed happily, I think he was overwhelmed more than anything else.
Frank looked over to me and winked, I smiled then I had the strangest urge to look at The Rev, he was glancing over to me as well.
Mikey took his car for a test drive with Matt and they were going to swing by the hospital to see Alicia, who was making leap’s and bounds.
“Are we partying tonight then” Syn asked.
“Yeah, sex, drugs and rock n roll” The rev shouted.
“You can, that’s not really my scene” I muttered.
“Yeah, whatever Gerard” James exclaimed.
I grabbed his arm and pulled him aside. “James, I need more stuff”
“Awww, bless” he whispered and took my hand from my pocket and shook it.
“You dumbass” he laughed as he walked back to the group.
I shoved the white powder in my pocket.