Nuclear America

Coop vs. Gary

“Well, aren’t you going to introduce yourself?” he said as he looked up at me. This was an odd question since I was going to fight these people, but I answered nonetheless.
“Uh…well, I’m Cooper…and who are you all?” I said, still puzzled why they wanted my name. The gothic kid pointed to the kid in the combat vest.
“This is our proud leader, Gunshin. He has led us through all of this so far and he cannot lose.” When he told me about Gunshin, he seemed happy for the first time since I had seen him. Now he pointed to the girl in the dress. “This is Chelsea, she can shapeshift, so watch out for her.” Now to the jeans girl, “This is Jenny. She can animate anything, even the ground we’re walking on right now.” Now the kid pointed to the group of boys. “This is Bently, Stew, Gary, Matt, and Mike. Bentley can control the air, Stew can teleport, Gary can duplicate himself to any number of copies, Matt has amazing strength, and Mike can control your mind.” This was a bit much for me to process right now, but I tried to keep up with this kid, who hadn’t introduced himself yet. The kid seemed done, even though he hadn’t introduced himself. He walked back to the rest of his group, but the girl called Jenny jumped up and grabbed him. She dragged him over to me and said in a fast voice,
“This is Kenny! He can control the earth, isn’t that cool?!” I was stunned by this girl’s sudden energy, but took in what she was saying. I had learned the names and powers of this group’s members, so now I knew what I was up against. The girl spoke again, “Oh ya…we’re clan Conqueror, and…sorry, but we’re going to have to kill you.”
“I figured…oh well, it can’t be helped can it?” I said and readied myself for the battle. The Gunshin guy stood up straight and looked me directly in the eye.
“Hey, you want to know why we wanted your name?” I stood still at this question, and my answer was obvious. “It’s because if you give us a good fight, we would want to know your name. As for us telling you our names, you would want to know the names of your killers right?”
“I guess so…well are we going to stand around talking all day or are we going to fight?” I said, wanting to get on with it already.
“Heh. I like your style, kid.” Said Gunshin and walked away slowly. The one called Gary came up to me and went directly into a punch. I caught it and threw him over my shoulder, towards the houses, but when I turned around there was an army of him. They all had menacing smiles that sent shivers down my spine. I would have to fight all of these copies until I wore down his power enough to attack him directly. Now I smiled, there was no way he could beat me, and ran to the first lines of the copies. The first line went out quickly, I grabbed one of them and hurled it at the others, many of them were eliminated by this attack, once I had defeated one of them, they disappeared in a puff of smoke. In the first few minutes, I had defeated almost eliminated the copy army and astounded the rest of this clan. After about one more minute, my first finally found actual flesh and blood. My fist connected with Gary’s stomach, and he flew back.
He landed on the ground and didn’t get back up. I figured he had been knocked out; even I was not strong enough to kill someone with one blow. Now both Stew and Bentley got up and rushed over to me. It looked as if Gunshin was going to say something about the two-on-one fight, but decided against it. It looked as if he wanted to see what my limit was.