Nuclear America

Coop vs. Bentley and Stew

Bentley and Stew circled me for a while, sizing me up. I realized that I hadn’t yet been touched, so these people did not yet know about my true power. This fact gave me new courage, so I smiled and ran up to Stew. He disappeared before my eyes and I remembered his power - teleportation. I felt a hand on my leg and realized that he had grabbed it. I fell toward the ground and dug deep into the dirt with my hands. Once they were firmly buried, I flung my body around and slammed my enemy into the ground. I leapt out of the ground, dirt falling off my hands. I took advantage of Stew, who was stunned by the attack, and dropkicked him. His body went rigid and he yelped out, then he went limp. Bentley stood there and stared for a moment, then rushed toward me. He thought I had killed both of his friends and he was quite determined to kill me. Wind whirled around his hands, and I got a blast of it. He punched me in the gut and I went flying into the air. Once in the air, I was pummeled by blasts of air.
I fell to the ground wondering just how powerful this boy was. If he controlled the air, I probably couldn’t defeat him with pure brawn. But if I created a diversion to draw away his attention, I might create an opening that would allow me the one hit I needed. I slammed into the ground and got enough air off the bounce to swing my legs under my body and stand up. I had decided to throw chunks of ground at him, and granted that he blocked them, I would punch through the chunk and into him.
I dug my hands into the ground once more and pulled up two large chunks of dirt and rock. I threw the one in my right hand at Bentley and started running as fast as I could towards him. I was about two thirds of the way when the first chunk connected and he blasted it to bits. I threw the second one and continued to run. The second chunk hit him right as I approached, full speed. Just as planned, I burst through the chunk but, still going full speed, met a forceful blast of air. I was suspended in the air for a split second and then I flew back. Bentley was as surprised as I was, and he didn’t notice the chunks of earth flying toward him. He was hit with the full force of the chunk, and flew back, though not as far as I did. He lay there, most of the power drained from him, tried a feeble attempt at getting up, fell back down and lay there. I, on the other hand, got up with little effort, wiped some of the dirt off of me, and smiled.
“Okay, who’s next? This is fun!” I said, actually feeling the complete joy of battle and adrenaline surging throughout my body. The remainder of the clan was stunned that I could both stand up and demand another opponent.