Nuclear America

A fight, Rebecca and Nikki's discoveries

The following day he stayed in bed until 12 o’ clock and even when we tried to wake him up, he just groaned and turned over. The rest of us practiced, Devin and Ollie battling with their elements while Rebecca and Joey watched, I stood in the middle of the battle, taking hits left and right, still feeling nothing. All of the ice from Ollie was melting, and Devin told Rebecca told her to clean it up.
The amazing discovery was made here. She made motions with her hands, pretending to “bend” the water, and it moved with these motions. She was astounded and jumped in joy. She practiced with the water for a while, and then let it splash back down on the ground. Joey came over and clapped her on the back and she leaned against his chest. I stood where I was and then gave a thumbs-up to her. Devin and Ollie were intrigued by the discovery too, and Ollie let out his extremely dorky but funny laugh.
We all looked at him and laughed along, everyone but Manan. He was working hard to completely master his telekinesis for good. He was picking up extremely heavy objects, mostly our houses, and them moving them around. Halfway through the day, Sean came out, full of energy from his long rest. He jumped over to me and tried to land a drop kick right on my head, thinking it might do something that bullets wouldn’t. I blocked his leg with my forearms, grabbed the bottom of his leg, and slammed him into the ground. He caught himself by planting his left hand on the ground and pulling me up with his legs. I was lifted off the ground by his move and quickly let go of him. He hopped to his feet, spat on the ground, and said,
“Man, I need a good fight. You wanna go, Coop?”
“Sure,” I said with a grin on my face. We circled each other for a few seconds, and then he lashed out with his fist at my face. I did a matrix-style dodge and then followed with a back spring. While pushing off with my hands, I lashed out with my feet dangerously close to Sean’s face. He jumped back and once again we stood facing each other, at a stalemate. We stood like that for a while, both wearing our battle grins like maniacs, which we were when fighting. Then I saw a look in his eyes of distraction, so I took the opportunity and struck at the pressure point in his shoulder. He snapped out of this state right before my hand connected and grabbed it centimeters away from its target. He grabbed my wrist with both hands and actually flung me away. I landed on my butt looking at what everyone else was. The sight was astounding.
Nikki was hovering in the air above our heads, holding bags of food in her hands. She had a big grin on her face, enjoying her discovery. She dropped the bags and flew around us several times at high speeds. Then she shot into the air, went high up, and then let herself fall. As she plummeted to the ground, Sean stood with his arms out where she would have hit the ground, but she opened her eyes at the last moment, made a loop, and then gracefully landed on the ground. Sean blushed a little for thinking that she would fall and then started clapping. We all did. Her skill was impressive and as the day drew to a close, she told us the story of her discovery. When she and Joe had been at the store looking for food, she was leaning over the railing on the roof for employees. She slipped on something, and was sent plummeting to the ground. Like anyone would, she put her hands out in front of her, and when she did the rush of air had stopped. She opened her eyes to find that she wasn’t falling anymore, she was in fact hovering above the ground and she screamed. After a while of hovering there, Nikki decided to try to fly and accomplished. After that, the flying came easy to her and she practiced maneuvers. Now everyone but Joe had acquired his or her power, and we wondered when his would come to be known. He figured that he didn’t have a power and he apparently didn’t mind it. We were al happy where we were, but our lives were about to change for the worse. All over America, plants were exploding with no real reason, never leaving many behind.