Nuclear America

Gunshin and the Conqueror Clan

One group that remained alive was the self-named “Conqueror Clan.” It was a group of eight people like us, with special abilities, who banned together and decided that they would be the new rulers of the nation. The members of this group were widespread and one even came from our state. They had been wandering for a while and all of them eventually met up. After a short battle, the eight joined forces and decided to kill everyone else. The members included; Bentley, who could control the air at will, Stew, who could teleport anywhere at any time, and Gary, the child we had met our first day of consciousness and the one who had killed Ashley, who could duplicate himself into multiple flesh and bone bodies. The group also included nickname “Gunshin,” the Japanese word for “God of War.” He could make double-edged swords of any length appear anywhere, from the ground or from nothingness. Gunshin, after almost killing the would-be members in battle, was appointed the position of the clan’s leader. Another member was Kenny, who could control the earth under his feet at will without even moving his hands. Then there was Matt, who also had amazing strength, even greater than my own, Mike, who, like Manan, had telekinetic powers. He could control the minds of his victims, making them do anything he wanted to. The final member was Chelsea, who could change her shape into anything, be it an ant or a whale. They were quite battle-ready and were read at any time to fight. The only one who was slightly afraid to fight was Chelsea, and only because her power didn’t enable her any combat abilities.
Some of them, like Gunshin, had already encountered other people, and killed them. The group was currently camping out in an abandoned house in Pennsylvania, and the food was scarce. They had eaten most of it while staying here, and hadn’t gone out for more yet. Now that they were getting hungry, they had a choice to ignore the hunger and keep moving until they came to another settlement, or risk being found by other clans and get food for themselves.
They came to the decision of sending Chelsea to get provisions for their journey, and then immediately setting off. As she left, the rest of the group stayed at the house, ready at any time for battle. A few minutes later, they saw Chelsea running back to them, only two bags in her hands. As she neared, the others could hear her yelling for them to run for cover. Gunshin, who had had his eyes closed, opened them and walked calmly over to the place she was, and looked at what she was running from. After he had seen, he ran over to Chelsea and picked her up in his arms. He proceeded to run back to the others and commanded them to run as fast as they could.
But he stayed. He looked to the danger, an armada of tanks and American soldiers, fully equipped with grenades, guns, and determination to eradicate all of the mutants from the land. Gunshin saw this determination in their eyes as they approached, but he had a determination of his own. He couldn’t let himself die, because he had to protect his clan and overthrow the current government for his own justice. So he could not lose to this armada. The lines of soldiers raised their guns, aimed, and fired. Every single bullet was intercepted by several blades that had come out of the ground. The bullets bounced off the blades and fell to the ground. The swords sank back into the ground and the soldiers saw Gunshin. To them he looked somewhat like a porcupine. He had blades coming out of his back and out of his arms. Dozens covered his body; even his hair had been changed into small blades. He looked like a demon. The youngest of the soldiers were wary of the boy, but they remained in their positions and fired round after round. After they had exhausted most of their bullets, Gunshin looked up, his eyes were glowing with a red hue, and said in a very deep voice,
“My turn,” and shot off the ground. In the air, his entire arms morphed into blades, and he came down with these long blades onto two of the soldier’s front linemen. He proceeded to shake the bodies off and kept on killing. Almost half of the armada had been killed before anyone had the sense to run. That soldier yelled it to the rest of the armada and they all began to run from the beast that Gunshin had become. One of the last of the soldiers, a Corporal, signaled to the tanks to blast Gunshin to pieces. The tanks opened fire, hoping to annihilate all traces of Gunshin and where he had been, but did not expect giant blades to intercept their shots and bury themselves in the barrels of the cannons. The drivers panicked and ran out of their vehicles. After all the men had gone, Gunshin returned to normal and looked around at what he ad done. The giant war-machines stood like statues as the wind blew over the scene of carnage. The glow in Gunshin’s eyes had receded, and he stuck his hands in his pockets and started to walk to where his clan had ran to.