Nuclear America

A problem, a new home

Back in Connecticut, things were going smoothly. We believed that if we stayed here, we could live peacefully forever. Sean had been preparing himself to confess to Nikki for a while now, he planned to catch her alone and then try to confess. All day we practiced and honed our skills, Sienna had found out an added bonus feature in her power. Ollie had been burned by one of Devin’s fire blasts, which had been getting increasingly bigger every day, and so we all ran over. Devin suggested that she should try to heal Ollie. He figured that if she could heal herself, she might be able to transfer the rapid healing to another. She placed her hands on Ollie’s shoulders, closed her eyes, and I guess that Sienna’s powers flowed through her and then into Ollie for a short period of time. This was incredible. Our group now had an all-around medic. The only thing we were unsure about was whether she could cure disease. Although we tried to cure Joey’s idiocy, even Sienna’s healing abilities couldn’t cure THAT. There was absolutely no cure for him. Anyways, we had been going strong for some time now, but the store that we had been getting food from was running out of all its food, on account of us. A decision had to be made. We wondered if we should move to another town, hopefully with a supply of food for us, or if we should stay put to avoid conflicts with others. In the end, we stayed for as long as we could, then took as much food as there was remaining in the store and set off for another town. It took us a few days to reach another town and when we arrived, none of had eaten in a day. Our legs were tired and we immediately collapsed on the ground, regardless of the dangers that we were putting ourselves in. We awoke the next day in the morning. Our legs still ached, but we forced ourselves to get up and search for food. Sean, after a little while of walking, saw in the distance a grocery store. None of us, besides Sean, could see it, but because of his powers, we believed him. We kept on walking until we came to the store. Sean had been right, and the store was filled with food. We now ran over, straining our legs (besides Joey, who was there first of all of us) for the promise of food. Joey waited for us to come before entering. Sean arrived second and he was less apprehensive. He ripped the entire door off its hinges, dropped it, and ran inside. The first section he got to, he opened a package and stuffed it in his mouth. He could never go long without food, as I have known about him. I chuckled at this thought and then entered. I grabbed lots of food too and ate quickly.