Wishes on Birthday Cake Candles

3: Wishes?

Yelling came from inside of my kitchen. Mom and aunt Melly were fighting. It was all because of aunt Melly a.k.a Mrs. Scrub, hated my outfit. She said I looked utterly idiotic. She had even told me that to my face.

So far, my birthday was going downhill. I sat in my living room with Lacy, Nate, the Devil Twins, and my uncle. All of us were pretty quiet, except for the twins. They were screeching at each other as they fought over my Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle toy. I was tempted grab each of them by the back of their shirts and throw them outside.

Aunt Melly came out of the kitchen, wearing a perfectly fake smile. She laughed, but I could tell it was a humorless laugh. Nothing more than a sarcastic chuckle. Her sarcasm was one of the main reasons I hated her so much. It got on my nerves.

"Let's just eat the cake," she muttered.

A few seconds later, my Mom came out of the kitchen, brushing her blond bangs away from her eyes. She set my red and white cake upon the old table and ordered all of us to come over. I took my seat at the end of the table and put on my plastic silver tiara. It had been a tradition for me to wear it ever since I had gotten it on my third birthday.

Once they had gotten through their annoying version of "Happy Birthday", I shut my eyes.

I just want to meet my Dad. I thought, hoping for the fourteenth time it would finally come true.

I took a huge breath and blew out the candles, making sure I blew them all out in one breath. I didn't need to lose that chance for my wish. To my luck, all of the flames went out and small wisps of gray smoke rose up into the air. Everyone clapped, except for aunt Melly and the Devil Twins. The Devil Twins dug into the cake with their hands, laughing. I gasped and tightened my grip on my chair.

"Oh how cute!" Aunt Melly cooed, getting out her camera.

My uncle luckily ripped the two kids away from the cake. I stared at it, in a case of shock. Nate put his hand on my shoulder.

"We can get you another cake, Sweety. Lacy and I will go get you one," he said.

I shot up from my seat and walked up to my aunt. She stared at me, her perfectly arched eyebrows raised.

"Get your stupid little demons and leave," I hissed.

"How dare you talk to me like that! I'm your aunt, Missy!" Aunt Melly yelled.

"Leave!" I yelled, feeling tears spring to my eyes.

When she didn't go, I ran into my room, making sure that I slammed the door and locked it. Footsteps hurried after me, but I ignored them. I laid on my bed and ripped of the tiara. With one simple snap, I broke the tiara in my hands and threw it over at the wall.

For at least an hour, my friends and Mom knocked on my door, begging me to come out. I wouldn't, though. I was sticking to my gut. I would remain on my bed until at least something worth living for got me up.

And that didn't come around until around midnight. From my room, I could hear the front door open. Mom was talking with someone.

"Why are you so late?" she asked.

I could barely hear the answer of the other person and wondered if Mom was talking to herself again. She did that a lot. Mom tended to get lonely.

There were two pairs of footsteps coming down the hall. One was a bit harder than my Mom's, not as light and airy as hers. At first, I thought she had paid some psychiatrist to come see me. In that case, I buried my head under my bright green pillow. Was she just trying to make me kill myself?

"Um, Josie?" a voice called out.

"I don't need a psychiatrist!" I yelled.

"I'm not a psychiatrist," they answered.

"How do I know you're not lying?" I asked.

"Josie, just open the door. I promise that if it's a psychiatrist, I'll go buy you everything in Hot Topic," Mom sighed.

That was a lot. She must have been telling me the truth, because I knew that my Mom would never buy me everything in Hot Topic. I had asked her that once and of course, she replied with a harsh no.

Sighing, I slowly got up from my bed and walked over to the door. I didn't bother to look in the mirror, though, I knew I looked like crap. I twisted the little lock on the doorknob. Once I had, I then turned the doorknob to open the door. Before me was a tall man with blond hair and bright blue eyes. I sighed.

"Mom, why did you hire a Bob Bryar look alike?" I asked.

"Why do you think I'm a look alike?" the man asked.

"Because, why on Earth would the amazing drummer, Bob Bryar, come see me? He'd just be wasting time in his life to come see me," I muttered.

"He isn't wasting time. He's glad he's here," the man said.

I stared at him and looked over his features carefully. He had a lip ring on the right side of his lip, both of his ears were pierced, and he wore pretty much all black except for a white belt. Whoever this guy was, he looked pretty close to Bob Bryar. I had to give him credit.

"I want proof. Show me some ID," I said.

The man laughed, but took out his black wallet and showed me his ID. I scanned my eyes over it and gasped.

Holy crap. Bob Bryar was at my house.

"Umm, no offense, but why are you here? I'm glad you are, it's just, kinda random," I said, laughing nervously.

Mom bit her lip and walked into her room. I stared after her, confused. What was going on?

"Can I come in?" Bob asked me.

I nodded and moved aside. He sat down on the edge of my bed and told me to sit down. I was still in shock that Bob Bryar was here, but sat down.

"Your Mom said that you really wanted to see your Dad for your birthday?" he asked me.

I nodded. "Yeah."

"Well, here I am," he said, smiling shyly.

I laughed and shook my head. "No really, why are you here?"

Bob stopped smiling. "Why do you think I'm lying?"

"How on Earth could you be my Dad?" I asked, laughing.

Bob pulled something from his backpocket and unfolded it. When he showed me it, I saw it was an old photo. He was easy to recognize, but when I looked at the girl next to him, I gasped.

It was my Mom.
♠ ♠ ♠
Dun dun dunnn!