Wishes on Birthday Cake Candles

4: Leaving

I looked from the photo, to the photo of my Mom and I on my dresser. There was definitely some resemblance. I looked up to Bob, my mouth open and my heart racing.

"You're not kidding around," I stated.

"Nope, I'm not," Bob said.

Before I knew what was happening, my arms were around Bob. He chuckled and hugged me back. The buttons on his black jacket were cold against my skin, but I didn't take much notice. When I looked over at my door, I saw my Mom standing there, a smile on her young face.

"Hun, I have a deal, if you want to hear it," Mom said, stepping into my room.

I nodded and sat up. Bob smiled, looking back to my Mom. Mom sat on my bed with me, running a hand through her long, blond hair.

"If you want, you can stay with your Dad for a few months. I would let you," Mom said.

I nodded quickly at her. She laughed and ruffled my hair.

"Get packing, Girly," she chuckled.

Bob smiled at me once more before leaving my room. I took that time to grab my cell phone from my bed and quickly dial in Lacy's number. It took a few rings before she answered.

"Yo," she muttered.

"Guess who's Dad is here?"

Lacy screamed loudly into the phone. I held it away from my ear, my nose crinkled. Lacy laughed and told me she would three way Nate. When he picked up, he was quite grouchy. I had forgotten he always went to bed earlier than Lacy and I.

"What?" he growled.

"My Dad's here," I said.

"Ohmygod! Are you serious?" Nate asked.

"Yep," I replied, nodding as I grabbed my duffel bag from my closet.

"What's he like?" he asked.

I smirked. "He's blond, plays drums for a band, has piercings, and loves cats."

Lacy and Nate both screamed. "It's Bob Bryar?!"

I laughed. "Yep!"

After listening to my friends scream and laugh over the phone for a few more minutes, we all hung up. I finished putting some of my clothes into my bag and looked around. I didn't want to leave anything behind.

"So, where am I going?" I asked my Mom.

"Well, I live in Los Angeles, so you would be going there," Bob said.

Could life seriously get any better? Being able to stay with Bob Bryar a.k.a my Dad in Los Angeles was a dream come true! I had spent hours talking to Lacy one time talking about how I wanted to escape Chicago to go to LA when I was older. I guessed now was my chance.

"No, don't leave so fast. I need to talk to you Bob," My Mom said, crossing her legs.

Bob nodded and sat down on the opposite couch. I sat next to my Mom and fumbled with my fingers anxiously.

Mom went over all of the rules. I wasn't to be allowed out too late, I had to call her at least once a week, I had to always finish my homework before doing something fun, and of course, I had to eat well. I had never really ate that much; sometimes I would go a day or two without food and feel perfectly normal. She made me eat, though.

"When do I leave?" I asked.

"Um, our plane leaves in an hour, so we might wanna go now," Bob said.

I nodded and got up from my seat. Mom hugged me tightly, smoothing down my white-blond hair. She wasn't crying, which surprised me. She actually looked happy. I frowned.

"Are you happy I'm leaving?" I asked her.

"Oh my god, no honey!" Mom exclaimed, hugging me tighter. "I'm just so happy you get to spend time with Bob."

I smiled and nodded. She kissed the top of my head and walked to the door with us. Bob gave my Mom a hug also and promised he would take care of me.

"And don't worry, I'll take her to all of the parties!" Bob said.

"Bob Bryar, you better not!" My Mom screeched.

Bob laughed and nodded. We got into his car after throwing my bag into the backseat. I hugged my red jacket closer to me and looked at my house. I would miss my Mom, my friends, and Creeper, but I would see them again.

Bob backed out of the driveway and turned on the radio quietly. When we were halfway down the street, he looked at me from the corner of his eye.

"You're Mom didn't tell me if you liked My Chemical Romance or not," Bob stated.

"Don't worry. I do," I said.

"That's good. If you hated it, there would probably be a problem," he said, chuckling.

"Yeah, my friends and I like your band," I said, smiling at the thought of Lacy and Nate.

Bob must have noticed me go quiet for a second. He put a hand on my shoulder and gave me an understanding smile.

"Don't worry, you'll see your friends again," Bob said.

I nodded and looked out of the front window. We were a good few blocks away from my house. A small butterfly fluttered around in my stomach. I knew I would get homesick. But, I was going to go with Bob. This was what I had been wishing for for fourteen years.

I had gotten my wish.

-----

When we got to the airport, barely anyone was there. I wasn't surprised, though. It was around one in the morning. We went up to our gate and sat down in the uncomfortable airport seats. It hurt against my back, but I was used to it. They were almost as bad as the chairs at school.

"So, are you sure you wanna come?" Bob asked.

I nodded. "M-hm."

Bob smiled and nodded at me.

"Good."
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy dance time!