Wishes on Birthday Cake Candles

7: Presents

After a while, everyone had finally arrived. Luckily, it was a small party consisting of the guys, their wives, and I. It was good for me; being in the spotlight with a ton of people didn't make me happy at all. Mom must had informed Dad on that before we had left.

"Wanna open your gift now, Kiddo?" Bob asked me.

I bit my lip. "You guys didn't need to get me anything."

"Of course we did! We missed your birthday!" Frank said.

"It's okay," I said.

Frank laughed and rolled his eyes, setting a fairly large box on my lap. It was covered in shiny black wrapping paper, little silver and white spider-shaped confetti, and a large white bow. It was definitely wrapped perfectly. But, what was inside made me smile even greater than the wonderful wrapping paper.

It was a large drawing of the guys, the wives, and I. The guys all had their stage makeup on, some with the Black Parade makeup and some with the old styled makeup. Lindsey was in her costume she wore on stage with Mindless Self Indulgence, her hair set perfectly into a pair of two pony tails. The other wives weren't wearing costumes or crazy makeup, but they looked just as lovely. I was standing next to Bob, a grin on my face. It scared me how pretty I looked in the drawing. It was a million times prettier than I really looked.

"So, do you like it?" Gerard asked.

I looked up from the drawing a nodded eagerly. "Yeah! Thanks!"

Gerard smiled and I swear I could have seen his eyes glaze over in tears. Lindsey wiped at her eyes and held onto Gerard's hand a bit tighter. I glanced down at my drawing, studying the faces and costumes. Eventually, though, everyone went back to chatting and listening to the music. Bob patted my shoulder.

"I'll be back in a few, okay?" he said.

"Okay," I replied, looking up for once from my new picture.

Bob gave me a small kiss on my head before walking away and into the hallway. I had begun to look down at my picture again, but there was a movement on the couch. I looked to my left to see Mikey sitting there. He grinned.

"So, is Bob a good Dad?" he asked.

I nodded. "Yes."

"He seems like he would be. It's just weird, because we thought out of all of us, Bob would be the least likely to have a kid."

I laughed and grinned at Mikey. "When did he tell you?"

"About a month ago," Mikey said.

"Really?" I questioned.

Mikey nodded. "He was nervous that if we found out, he would be kicked out of the band. We would never kick him out, though."

I smiled softly. Mikey smiled, but looked to his left. Alicia appeared there, holding two cans of pop. She handed one to Mikey and one to me. I thanked her and gladly opened the sugar infested drink.

"Your Dad said you liked Coke Zero. In that case, you'll get along amazingly with Mikes and Gee," Alicia laughed.

Mikey put his arm around me and grinned widely. Alicia grabbed her phone and snapped a shot of us, laughing to herself.

"Lemme see!" Mikey demanded.

Alicia passed him her small black phone. Mikey laughed and showed it to me. We looked like the biggest dorks in the world. I laughed also, taking a drink of my Coke Zero. The two got up and walked over to Gerard and Frank. Dad appeared back, though, in a short amount of time. He sat down next to me and smiled.

"What?" I asked.

"Tomorrow, Lindsey, Jamia, Krista, and Alicia wanna take you out to go shopping. You wanna go with them?" Bob asked.

"Are you coming?" I asked. Please say yes!

"Nah, I'll stay home. Don't worry, you'll have fun!"

But I'll be shy! "Okay."

Bob smiled at me and looked down at the drawing Gerard had drawn. He pointed out at his face and laughed.

"He made me have that superhero mask!" Bob laughed.

Sure enough, there was a bright red stripe across my Dad's eyes. I laughed and smiled. He did look quite amusing with it painted on his face.

"You don't like the mask?"

From behind us, Gerard leaned on the back of the couch. He laughed at Bob and shook his head, slapping Bob's head.

"You could have at least pretended that you liked it," Gerard joked.

"I love it, Gerard," Bob replied, chuckling.

"Good, 'cause if you didn't, I would make Josie come live with me."

I laughed loudly. To be truthful, it would have been fun. Gerard and Lindsey were fun people. But, leaving my Dad wouldn't be very fun at all.

"We'll probably have to steal her at least once, though," Lindsey piped in, smiling.

"If she wants," Gerard added.

Bob looked to me. I nodded and shrugged. Bob smiled genuinely at me.

"Do you wanna come with the girls and I tomorrow, Jose?" Lindsey asked me.

I smiled. "Sure."

"We'll have fun," she promised.

From my pocket, I felt a buzz. I pulled out my old silver phone from it and saw it was my Mom. I excused myself and walked into the bathroom, sitting on the sink.

"Hey Ma," I answered.

"Josie! I miss you so much! How's everything going?" Mom asked.

"Great, it's amazing Mom. I got to meet my heroes," I told her.

"I'm so glad you did, Honey. Is Bob being good?"

I nodded. "He's great, too. He has a cute cat, but it hates Gerard."

Mom laughed. "I want to send Creeper to you in the mail. He keeps hissing at me. Josie, I think the devil possessed that cat."

"Have you been wearing your Saint Bernard slippers?" I asked.

"Yeah, why?"

"Take 'em off. Creeper obviously hates dogs, Ma," I chuckled.

Mom laughed. "Pet psychic."

I rolled my eyes, but smiled. "I know."

Mom asked me a little more about everyone. Once I had filled her in, I heard a small alarm go off. It was obviously our kitchen alarm for the oven. Mom told me to call her tomorrow. Once I had promised, I hung up and hopped off of the counter. But, as I pulled open the bathroom door, I ran straight into Frank. He raised an eyebrow.

"Heroes, eh?"
♠ ♠ ♠
When Lindsey called Josie "Jose", it's not prounounced like, Ho-zay. It's just Jose. Joe-sss.
:D Comments are loved.