The Cynical Prince

011: Have Faith In Me

'You were never one for secrets...'

Tagan was upset with me but understood because I was 'sick'. He was actually more worried than I was when I showed up asking me if I was okay and whatnot. He really did love me, probably one of the only men in my life who have ever loved me unconditionally.

It was finally the weekend and me and Dean hadn't had another moment like the one in the bathroom or in the park. We didn't really speak about it even. I figured it was better this way, since I really didn't want to start anything up with anyone. Let alone someone I've hurt in the past before.

Currently I was making dinner since Chase and Steph would be coming over, saying they had something important to tell all of us. So I pulled out the dinner table I had in storage in my closet, Dean helping me move the couch and what not. Dean was on the phone with someone, arguing I assumed since he sounded frustrated. Tagan was taking a nap in the bedroom, exhausted from all the running around he did earlier with Dean.

"Sam, Sam, SAM! I know. I'm not stupid I know what the hell I'm doing." He yelled at a guy named Sam. His conversation confused me and I tried hard not to listen in but for some reason I couldn't resist.

"Listen, that was a long time ago, you really think they're going to hold a grudge?" He whispered harshly into the phone. I focused on what I was doing so that it didn't seem like I was trying to listen to his conversation.

"Please, like I have faith in people. Sam, listen-" Stupidly while trying to listen in on his conversation I sliced my palm with the large chefs knife that was in my hand. Guess I wasn't so focused, huh?

"CRAP!" I yelled and Dean looked up at me shocked and then down at my hand.

"I gotta go, Sam. Call you back." He flipped his phone closed and rushed over to me taking the knife out of my hand, turning on the cold water.

"Are you okay?" I nodded my head biting my lip from the water stinging the open cut on my hand.

"You're normally so good with knives." I chuckled as he took it out from under the water and wrapped a towel on it tightly.

"First aid kit?" I made my way into the bathroom, Dean following and pointed to the mirror. He opened it up and got out the first aid kit. I took a seat on the toilet (lid closed of course) and waited for him to get the things ready to patch up my hand.

"I guess I drifted off." I lied and watched him as he rubbed the disinfectant on it and the anti-bacterial cream. He chuckled and began to wrap my hand making sure it was secure and no more blood was pouring out.

"There, you should be good for the night. Maybe I should finish the cutting?" I looked down at him smiling, he was kneeling on the bathroom floor, my bandaged hand in his.

"But what about your phone call, sounded important." He glance away half-smiling and shook his head.

"Not as important as you. Come on." He stood up and I followed him back to the kitchen to finish preparing dinner. Once I was done, I headed for the bathroom to wash myself up so that I wouldn't look all sweaty and hot from all the cooking. Dean said that he would watch the food as it cooled to make sure nothing got too cold while I was in the shower. By the time, I finished up everything, setting up the table, Tagan was awake, and anxious to eat and Chase had just arrived.

"Hey hun, where's Steph?" I took Chase's coat off and placed it on the wrack pointing to the table so that he could sit.

"She'll be coming soon. Just got off of work." I nodded my head and placed the food out Tagan jumping in his seat.

"Tagan, sit still." He pouted at me and I just looked back at him sternly. He sighed and then sat properly in his chair, Chase giving him a pat on the head and starting up a conversation with him.

"You hungry, huh?" Tagan nodded his head his eyes following the food I was putting out like a hungry dog. Dean laughed at him taking a seat across from Chase.

"I'm here!" Steph sung as she walked through the door. I smiled at her and motioned for her to get seated quickly.

"Oh, goody. I'm starved." She took a seat next to Chase and I took mine next to Dean. I served Tagan while everyone else served themselves, Dean even serving me.

"Thanks." I said and began eating with everyone else. I looked up at the happy couple to see them smiling at Dean and me cheekily.

"What's up you two? What's the big news?" I asked taking a bite from off my plate.

"Yeah?" Dean looked up at them wondering what they were about to announce just as I was. Tagan was too busy inhaling his food to even notice that they were about to say something.

"Well, you two." Steph started, biting her lip.

"I proposed." Chase said, "And I said YES!" Steph screamed and pulled out her left hand to show me the engagement ring Chase got her. I was completely speechless as was Dean as I stared at the ring.

"Congratulations you guys!" I finally shouted getting up and hugging Steph and Chase. Dean smiled at them and gave Chase and Steph small hugs.

"Congrats." Then they looked at us maliciously as we sat back down.

"There's more isn't there?" Steph and Chase both nodded their heads and my mouth dropped.

"You're pregnant!" I yelled and Steph just shook her head no. I looked down sadly and heard Dean chuckle so I gently smacked his arm glaring up at him.

"No, we want you and Dean to be in the wedding. I want you to be one of my bridesmaids,"

"And I want you to be one of my groomsmen." We were both shocked at the proposal.

"Sure, I'd love to." I smiled and then looked at Dean who was seemingly thinking it over.

"Um, sure why not." He chuckled but I could tell there was something he wasn't saying.

"Good, the wedding is in two months."

"Two months?" I looked at Steph like she was crazy but she just nodded her head.

"Yeah, I know it's pretty soon but he asked me last week and we know we want a small wedding, family only. It'll be great, have faith in me would ya?" I laughed and nodded my head. I looked over at Tagan who was a complete mess so I started to clean him up.

"YAY! Now you will be Mrs. Chase right, auntie?" Steph laughed at Tagan and nodded her head.

"Yes, I will." Tagan smiled and then reached out for me. I knew he was done and it was time for him to get ready for bed.

"Okay come on." I picked him up and excused myself from the table. I looked back at Dean for a moment who glanced at me and flashed me a smile. I smiled back and then walked into the bedroom. It bothered me that there was something that Dean wasn't saying. I know that he's keeping something from me, that phone call sounded a bit weird but I knew I shouldn't ask.

Dean was a big boy and could take care of himself. I just hoped he wasn't hiding anything important from me. If there was one thing I knew about Dean it was that he would never lie to you, but if he didn't want to lie to you, he also wouldn't tell you anything. He'd keep it a deadly secret for the rest of his life until he was ready to tell you the truth. Was he ready to tell me the truth?

What was I even thinking, he wouldn't keep anything from me...

Right?