The Cynical Prince

016: What A Mother Does

'I'm a woman who loves her son…'

Once I had gotten up, Tagan was still sleeping next to me, sweating like a 300-pound man. The poor thing really needed to just rest and sweat this thing out. I checked his forehead to see his fever went down and bit which was a good thing. I got up, wrapped him up tight, and let him sleep. I grabbed my cell phone and went into the living room closing the bedroom door behind me.

I searched through my contacts and came upon one named 'Happy'. I took a deep breath and pressed talk, holding the phone to my ear. This was something I hated doing but like I said, dancing gave me a good amount of money when I was in a pinch.

"Hello?" The voice on the other line was rough and seemed to struggle with the words that he was trying to say.

"Happy? It's Alessa." I heard shuffling and then he answered, "Alessa?! My girl, I've missed you! What's wrong?"

Happy was sincerely concerned about me, knowing my situation. I did love the guy and I knew he cared for me like one of his own.

"I was wondering if you had an opening for me tonight?" He chuckled; I could almost see the wrinkles on his face make up the smile he was giving me.

"Of course, Alessa. Be there at 7 and you get your normal stage. I'll call Ralph now, let him know you'll be there." I smiled to myself thankful that I had made such a good friend by not sleeping with anyone.

"Thanks, Happy. See you there then."

"See you soon, Doll." I hung up the phone and looked down at it. I felt disgusted whenever I went to work for Happy but it was something I did to support my son and I. If I didn't, who would?

"Oh, hey." Just then, Dean walked in and I smiled at him. It was 2:30 and class for him ended not too long ago.

"Hey," I smiled at him and he gave me a hug.

"You okay?" I nodded my head and pointed to the door.

"Tagan's still sick. Resting. I've got to get some things together so when he wakes you mind giving him a bath?" Dean shook his head knowing something was up with me and just lightly kissed my forehead.

"Do what you gotta do, babes." My heart ached slightly. I felt a bit worse going off to do this but I just shook the feeling off and headed for the shower. I needed to make sure things were hairless, and that nothing smelled of Tagan...or Dean.

--

"Alessa!" It was Ralph, a bodyguard at the club I had become good friends with and who vowed to protect me against any customers who wanted more than just a dance from me. I hugged him tightly and he lifted me up and then placed me back on the ground.

"I better go get changed." Ralph smiled at me and nodded his head and I went back into the dressing rooms. I saw some new faces back there and some of the old ones. I smiled at the girls when Angelica one of the girls who I had become mutual friends with came up to me smiling brightly.

"Alessa! I've missed you! How are you?" I hugged her as she hugged me tightly in her schoolgirl outfit and thick-rimmed high heels.

"Not so good obviously if I came to dance. But pretty good. Tagan's sick and I really need to make sure I have rent money." She looked at me sadly her blonde curly hair placed in two high pigtails bouncing as she tilted her head to the side.

"Aw, I hope you get a lot of customers tonight. Oh! I've started school! Community College, it's so fun! I'm glad you talked me into it." She smiled at me and I smiled back. I sat down at a chair and began to work on my make-up, my work clothes already on underneath my sweats.

"That's great! I hope you get what you want, Angie." She smiled and looked at me in the mirror.

"Well, see you up there, Violet!" She giggled and went out into the club to search for her own customers to make her nights worth. I finished up my make-up and began shredding off the sweats revealing the knee high lace up black leather boots I was wearing, the booty shorts with the ultra mini-skirt and the push up corset that ended right below my breasts. I smiled to myself in the mirror knowing I looked sexy, and with a deep breath, I entered the small club.

Violet...that was my stripper name. The name I went by in the hellhole of sweaty old men and horny teenagers who tried to sneak in with fake ID's. Violet was my name because the lace on my boots, and then lace everywhere else on my body was a bright neon violet. Along with glow in the dark paint, I splattered all over my body to intense the dance experience in the dark.

The night took me through half the people here in the club my talents for dancing well known. I worked the pole, did a few lap dances and when it hit 4 a.m. I knew one last good dance was all I needed to end the night. Angie had already gone home, whispering in my ear that she had a paper due the next day.

I scouted the club looking for someone rich and that's where I found him. In the back with a few of his buddies having a drink. He stood up to go to the bathroom but saw me as I approached and paused. I walked over to the very handsome looking gentlemen who looked like he had quite a lot of cash on him, and that's what I was looking for. Cash. I smirked at him and he at me. I grabbed belt and forced him down onto a chair. He seemed to like it as his friends watched in anticipation. They cheered and slipped dollar bills into my boot, one leg standing on the armrest. My hips started to move in time with the music and the look on this guys face was priceless. He watched closely, his hands rubbing up and down my thighs wanting me even more as I twirled my head around leaning in on him. He slipped a dollar into my cleavage and I winked at him turning him around and bending over arching my back. I looked up at one of the men sitting there and saw that he looked familiar.

I knew him...that man.

"Sam! Come give the lady a tip, she's doing a very good job." The man I was dancing for chuckled and gently caressed my hips. I looked over at Ralph who followed me all night making sure no one got too handsy and gave him the face of, "Stand by." I turned and straddled the man while slowly undoing the buttons of my corset.

"What do they call you doll?" The man asked, looking up into my eyes. I looked down at him smirking while I continued to grind on him.

"Violet." I whispered and I soon as I said that he took hold of my wrists and I got scared. Ralph was about to step in when the man's men stepped up. I was really scared now, this had never happened to me or any of the other girls before.

"Calm down body guard. I just wanted her to stop undressing. Get some clothes on so we can talk out back?" I was shocked. I glanced at Sam who looked at me the same way I was looking at the man and then at Ralph.

"Sure." I said and stood up and headed to the back, Ralph following.

"You think that's a good idea?" I looked up at him and then back at the men. Sam was talking to the man who I was dancing for who was looking at me still.

"Yea. I need to talk to them." I went to the back and washed off the make-up only applying on my natural stuff and getting on some jeans and a t-shirt with my sneakers. I placed all my other clothes in the duffle bag I came with and went to Happy to pick up my night's earnings.

"Hey sweetie. Okay, here you go," he handed me one thousand for working extra late, most early girls only staying until one.

"Thanks, Happy. See you tomorrow maybe." I hugged him and he hugged me back. I then made my way out the front and saw Sam waiting for me.

"Sam..." He cut me off obviously not wanting to speak to me or anything. I was all confused but let him talk.

"Eric is waiting for you." I nodded my head and followed him to a black limousine. He opened the door and I looked at Sam who just looked at me sternly. I sighed and got in seeing Eric smiling at me in the back. I smiled feebly and sat there with my duffle bag at my side.

Eric had a glass of champagne in his hand, pours another one in front of me, and extended it out. "Champagne?" I looked at it and then at him, thinking it best not to refuse him. I took it and he waved to the driver and he started the car.

"You were a fantastic dancer, Violet." I blushed slightly, realizing that he was a very handsome man, tall with slightly tanned skin and hair that fell in his face elegantly.

"Thank you." I answered and took a sip of the champagne, never tasting anything so sweet.

"Well, since you were so good tonight, I wanted to know if you would care to cater to a, private, party." I was shocked. He wanted me to dance for a party of his?

"What kind of party?" Eric smiled and leaned back in his seat.

"I'm just having a few friends over at a small place downtown. You'll have your own stage and you can dance to whatever music you want. For twenty-five hundred." My breath was caught in my throat at the amount he was offering. I had to stop myself from nodding my head thinking it over. There were some terms that I had to tell him, and that he would be aware of.

"First off Mr.?" He laughed and shook his head.

"Call me Eric."

"Well, Eric, I don't sleep with anyone. Just strip. And I wish to have the money up front that night." Eric smirked at me, placed his glass of champagne down in the cup holder, and leaned across the gap in car towards me. I leaned back a bit as he took his hand and gently caressed my face.

"I promise, no one will touch you Bella. And you will have your money up front, on Saturday night." I was a bit frightened at him being this close to me still caressing my face. I nodded my head and tried to look away but he wouldn't let me. My heart was beating so fast in my chest; I knew Eric could feel it and he seemed to be enjoying my fear.

"Seal it with a kiss?" I couldn't even answer as this devilishly handsome man placed his lips over mine. Soft and only slightly plump, his lips engulfed mine in a kiss that I didn't want. However I couldn't pull away, I couldn't find the strength to pull away. I knew he was a dangerous man and he did frighten me but I just felt like I couldn't say no to him.

When he pulled away he was chuckling, a small smirk on his face as his dark eyes stared into mine. His hand caressed my face and pushed my hair away from my face.

"Violet, I do hope I didn't scare you. I drop you off here. I'll pick you up at the club with your things and your money on Saturday at nine o'clock sharp." I smiled softly and nodded my head as he opened the door showing me a train station I thought looked all to familiar. I realized that he had driven me right by my house; only three stops away and I quickly thanked him for the champagne and exited the car. His dark eyes following after.

I rushed onto the train as it came speeding into the station, tears following down my face. I hated doing this but it was the only way I could make quick money, and when he offered me that figure, I couldn't not take the job. My son needed new shoes, clothes for the upcoming winter, plus rent and everything. I was a desperate woman and felt like a horrible mother, but ever since Andrew left, it's been hard. My husband was gone and I was doing anything to make sure that my son wouldn't live out on the streets or have to struggle to get by.

I never wanted my son to ever want something he needed. Never.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for taking so long! Hope you like it! HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE IT'S COMING! WOO!