The Cynical Prince

022: Breaking The News

'I never thought I would receive this honor...'

"WHERE IS SHE?" Dean came barging into Genieve's house pacing back and forth in her living room as Genieve just looked at him like he was crazy. Dean seemed so distraught at the moment, his face flustered, and his breath shallow. Genieve brought him to sit down on the couch to try and calm him down not knowing what was going on when all of her phone started ringing.

"What's wrong?" She asked getting up to get the phone, looking at Dean waiting for him to answer before she pushed the talk button.

"Alessa. She's gone, not at her apartment, with Chase or Steph, I don't know where she is and I've looked at all the places she could be." Genieve furrowed her brow in confusion not believing Alessa would just get up and disappear. She then picked up the phone excusing herself from Dean.

"Hello?"

"Hello, is this Genieve Waters?" Genieve furrowed her eyebrows in confusion wondering who it could've been.

"Yes, this is she. Who is this?"

"This is West Presbyterian Hospital, I'm calling about an Alessa Sparks. She's been admitted and this was the number that I was given." Genieve's eyes went wide hearing the news.

"Yes, thank you. I'm on my way." With that Genieve hung up the phone and Dean looked over at her confused wondering what was going. Genieve focused on getting her clothes on and her purse.

"What's going on?" Dean questioned standing up from his seat following Genieve to the door as she rushed him out. She locked the door and then quickly made her way downstairs to her car.

"Alessa's in the hospital." Dean was shocked and instantly followed Genieve, hoping into the car with her so that they could both head to the hospital.

--

"Hi, Mr. Diaz?" The doctor came out of the room that Alessa was in and Eric instantly stood up wondering what was wrong with Alessa. He couldn't believe she had just collapsed like that at the restaurant. She had seemed so fine one moment and then the next all of a sudden she's on the floor passed out.

"Yes."

"Well, it seems that Ms. Sparks just had a panic attack, however, her stress levels are dangerously high in her condition." Eric was confused when all of a sudden he heard a voice that he didn't think he would ever have to hear again.

"Daiz?" He turned around and there was Inspector Dean Winters standing there with some woman who looked very confused.

"Aren't you suppose to be in L.A.?" Genieve looked between the two men utterly confused and then at the doctor who was also confused.

"I was called back. What the hell are you doing here?" Genieve glared at Dean who was still staring down Eric.

"This is not the time! Doctor what happened to her, is she going to be alright?" The doctor looked at Genieve and sighed looking back down at his charts.

"Well, she will. However, with her stress levels she's putting the baby at great risk. She really needs to take it easy." Dean and Eric both looked at the doctor shocked when Genieve realized, Dean didn't know Alessa was pregnant.

"Baby? What baby?" Dean questioned then looking at Genieve who bit her lip and shied away not wanting to be yelled at.

"Yes, Ms. Sparks is pregnant. Well, you should be able to see her in a bit, if you'll excuse me." Eric plopped down in his seat realizing that was why she had run away when she had taken that sip of champagne and then didn't take another throughout the rest of the night. He had no idea, and she sure didn't want to tell him, he could understand why but...was it really the Inspectors?

"Genieve, what the hell?" Genieve let her head fall as Dean walked up to her wanting answers.

"I wanted Alessa to tell you, Dean but then this happened, and who the hell are you?" Genieve looked at Eric who looked up at her shocked and then fixed himself.

"Uh, um, Eric Diaz. A...friend of Alessa's." Dean scoffed, rolling his eyes and then sat down in a chair himself. He just realized that he had left Alessa, he had left her and she was pregnant. She was going to do this all by herself he knew that, he knew Alessa. He couldn't believe that she wouldn't even give him a call, but then again he could. She didn't want to risk Tagan's life just to tell him that he was a father.

"I'm...a father?"