The Cynical Prince

008: You Were Always Beautiful

'Moments like this seem to escape us...'

The next morning I took Tagan to school biding him farewell and made sure he had everything with him. Then I made my way back home thinking about what to do. I knew I had a paper to work on, and that would be easy but then what else? I felt empty and sad when I didn't get up and go do something. I felt disappointment in myself whenever I would miss school, it had been like this since high school even though I still missed countless days.

I don't know why but even when I did try my best my body was just still lazy. Knowing that I wasn't doing anything truly important for myself. In high school anyway, I was always focused on trying to get into college, trying to leave. My grades and my attendance suffered because of it. I worked hard and even held a job after school. Sadly everything changed after I graduated. I was already attending community college because my grades weren't good enough for a four year, but to top it all off I got pregnant. My parents were ready to kill me. I was only nineteen at the time and halfway done with my first year of community college when it all happened. I was okay with it, I faced it head on and was able to finish that year and have Tagan.

I realized I used to be so busy and now, there's nothing to do. I had free time, actual time to just sit and enjoy myself. I smiled to myself and started the bath and went into my room towards my vanity. There on it were all my things for a nice relaxing bath. I would treat myself to a sort of in house spa day to replenish my glow and remove all those toxins from my body.

---

"Alessa?" I thought I heard my named being called from outside of my bathroom but I really didn't pay attention to it, continuing with painting my toe nails having already finished and dried my finger nails while my face was in a mud mask.

"Alessa? Where are you-" I looked up at Dean who had opened the door slightly to let his head pop in where he was bombarded with scents of lavender, peony, and vanilla mixed in with the steam from the bath that I had just drained from the tub. I looked up at him and smiled when he quickly looked away a slightly blush to his cheek.

"Alessa, your robe." I looked down to see that it was practically open, seeing everything inside and I quickly closed it, standing up and slipping on my flip-flops.

"Sorry about that. Where'd you get the key from?" He smiled and opened the door more so I dragged him in not wanting to lose the steam affect I made with the water and candles.

"Chase. Caught him after class. Told your professors that you would be out for awhile they said it was okay, as long as I come back to collect the work." I nodded my head and looked up at him.

"You're actually going to go and collect the work?" He nodded his head looking at me as if I was stupid.

"Why wouldn't I?" I smiled slightly and then went to the sink to wash off the mask from my face. Dean looked around and sat on the toilet seat as I did this. I held the mass of hair that I had wrapped up into a towel on my head up to keep if from falling apart into the sink as I washed my faced. Once I was done I could feel my skin breath, it was amazing. I had never felt so refreshed before in my life. I wiped it down and then took my hair out of the towel on my head drying it a bit.

"So, anything new in English?" I asked as I began to put out the candles. When I got no answer from Dean I looked up at him to see him staring at me.

"Dean?" He blinked twice and shook his head, smiling.

"Yeah?" I laughed slightly, and then continued to pick up the candles.

"Are you okay? You spaced out." Dean chuckled and scratched the back of his head.

"I just, I forgot how beautiful you really were." I slowly turned around to face him having placed the candles underneath the sink safely in the back where Tagan couldn't reach. I was shocked; I knew Dean was capable of saying things I just, and it had been so long.

"T-Thank you." He stood up and walked towards me, my heart began to beat faster. I wasn't sure if it was because I was scared or just nervous but either way I could hear it, which made me worry that so could Dean.

He gently placed his calloused hand on my cheek and stared into my eyes. "I-I'm not all that pretty anyways. I mean the stretch marks from Tagan-" Dean started to glare at me as I spoke so I stopped. He shook his head his other hand moving to my waist.

"Your body is amazing for a woman who has a child. You've always been beautiful Alessa, and you always fought me." I smiled sadly nodding my head. I would. I always would. No one else had considered my beautiful expect for Andrew and Dean. Shockingly enough the only two men who had ever seen me naked and they still didn't run away. I was amazed.

"Why are you here?" I don't know why that came out of my mouth. But it did. I felt like it was something I had to ask, an important question that needed an answer. However, I didn't get an answer. Instead Dean just looked at me sadly and then pulled my body close against his. I could feel the heat rising between us; it was either that or the steam that was slowly dissipating from the room.

"Can I kiss you?" He whispered as he brought my face close to his. I didn't know what to say but I didn't have to say anything. A moment ruined...or saved? I really couldn't figure it out but either way a moment that didn't happen.

"ALESSA! WHERE THE HELL IS MY RENT?!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Woo! At my friends house with my own laptop :D Lol. Told you all I would find a way ^^

Hope you like! Comments please :D