Sequel: Move Along

Dirty Little Secret

Chapter 19: You Owe Me

(Still in Angel's POV)

After a couple of hours of mind numbing television a knock comes at my door. I had been so out of it that I stare at the door for a moment, wondering if I had really heard of knock. Another knock comes at the door and I know I wasn’t hearing things.

“Come in!” I call out, too lazy to get up and answer the door.

“Hey.” Chuck walks in and takes a seat next to me. “How are you feeling now?”

“I’m better.”

He smoothes my hair. “That’s good. I was worried about you.”

I give a weak smile.

He places a kiss on my lips. “I love you; you know that, right?”

“Yeah, love you too.”

“So I was thinking that we could go out tonight, just you and me. A night we can have away from the guys.”

“Oh…”

“What’s wrong?”

“I can’t do anything tonight.”

He makes a face. “Why not?”

“I’m going to the A7X show tonight. That’s why Zacky stopped by last night, to invite me to the show.”

“Oh…” He looks disappointed.

“I’m sorry. I already told him I’d go and I’ve been dying to see them live.”

“Didn’t you see them when we did Warped Tour?”

“I was working merch for you guys all those years that they were on Warped with you guys and never got to see them.”

“Guess we worked you a lot harder back then. I just thought it’d be nice if we could go out just the two of us. But I guess we’ll do it some other time since you have plans…”

“I’m really sorry. I promise the next time we get the chance to be away from the guys you and I will have some quality alone time.”

He smiles. “Okay, but you owe me big time.”

“I know.”

He kisses me and gets off the bed. “Well since I can’t take you to a romantic dinner--”

The dueling guitars from Bat Country play from my phone and I know I have to take the call. “Sorry.” I mouth to him.

“Hello?”

“Hey, Angel,” Zacky’s voice greets from the other end.

“Hey!” A wide grin comes to my face.

“So I was calling you to see if you wanted to go for that burger I owe you.”

“That sounds great!”

“The guys told me what hotel you’re staying at so I’ll just come by and pick you up. Does that sound okay?”

“Yeah, that’s good.”

“Okay, well then I will see you in about twenty-five minutes, I’ll call you when I get there.”

“Alright, see you soon.”

“Bye.”

“Bye.”

“Who was that?” Chuck asks.

“It was Zack. We’re just going to go to lunch.”

“Damn, he’s beating me to everything.”

“Oh, I’m sorry. I can cancel if you want.”

“No, it’s fine. You just owe me even more now.” He places a kiss on my forehead. “You have fun. And remember, no eggs.”

I smile. “No eggs, I promise.”

He gets to the door and quickly turns around. “Oh, and because I know David would say this, no junk food! You’re eating healthy for two now!”

I sigh. “Fine, no junk food.”

He smiles. “That’s my girl. I’ll see you later.”

“Okay, bye.”

I let out another sigh after he leaves the room. I look at the time and wonder what I’m supposed to do for twenty-five minutes. I get up and a wave of nausea hits me. I quickly hurry to the bathroom and lose what little breakfast I had.

I grimace, wondering if I’ll be able to keep down a burger or if I’ll end up bailing on him like I did last night.

I quickly brush my teeth and realize that ten minutes have gone by already. The only thing nausea seems to be good for is killing time. The nausea leaves almost as quickly as it came and I’m relieved.

I decide that brushing my hair and putting on a bit of makeup wouldn’t hurt much.

My phone rings as I finish up my eyeliner and I smile, he’s got perfect timing. I hurry over to my phone and answer. He’s waiting in the lobby and I tell him I’ll be right down.

I grab my purse off of the bed and head for the lobby. David’s out in the hallway unlocking his room.

“Hot date with Chuck?” he asks.

I give him a puzzled look. “No, why do you ask?”

“Because you look nice.”

“Oh, thanks. I’m just going to lunch with Zacky; I should be back in a while.”

“Zack, huh? Well, you two have fun. And remember, no junk food!”

I roll my eyes. “I’ll remember.”

I continue to walk down the hall to the elevators. I get on the first one that says it’s going down and silently wish that it wasn’t so slow. I tap my foot impatiently while the other passengers give me funny looks. Like they’ve never been in a hurry before…

The doors open and I wait as everyone in front of me slowly file out. Were they trying to get on my nerves?

But all my aggravation dissolves when I see the tattoo clad guitarist a few feet away. We smile at each other and I hurry into his arms.

I feel several eyes on us as we hug; I wonder if anyone recognizes him. Or maybe they thought our greeting was peculiar. Either way, I don't care what they think. I'm just glad to see him.

“How are you doing?” he asks.

Lately I’ve been annoyed with the question, but that’s because the guys only ask because they want to know about the pregnancy. It feels good to be asked the question by someone who doesn’t know; it makes me feel like they care.

“I’m fine, and yourself?”

“I’m fantastic.” He smirks. “So anyplace you had in mind?”

“Not really, just anyplace that makes a good burger.”

“Really? Then I think I’ve got just the place. But it’s about an hour away. Do you mind?”

“Not at all, as long as we can make it back in time for your show I’m game for anything.”

“Great!”

I follow him out, expecting for him to start haling a cab; but instead he heads to the parking lot. He unlocks a pretty rental and I raise an eyebrow.

“Matt and the guys rented a couple cars when they wanted to check out the town. They said I could use this one, it’s better than a cab. And probably cheaper than a cab.”

“Yeah,” I agree, getting into the car. “So they just decided to rent this? A cab in Denver too much stress for them or something?”

“How about they’re too lazy to call for one so renting a car was a hell of a lot easier since we were going to be here for a couple of days?”

“That sounds like them.”

He pulls out of the parking lot and I fiddle with the radio. He chuckles and I look at him.

“What’s so funny?” I ask, not sure what I did to cause the laughter.

“Nothing, I just realized that every time we’re in the car together the first thing you do is play with the radio.”

“Oh… Well, it’s not my fault you always have the radio set to crap.”

He smirks. “I’m sure I have it set fine, you’re just too picky.”

I stick my tongue out at him and he laughs.
♠ ♠ ♠
And another chapter for you lovely readers. I hope you guys like it.

Good news, I think I might be getting over my writer's block! *fingers crossed* So I should still be able to update fairly regular.

Thanks for reading, commenting, and subscribing!