Sequel: Move Along

Dirty Little Secret

Chapter 22: Did You Notice?

*POV Switch*

I get out of the bathroom and make my way to the stage.

“Excuse me, what do you think you’re doing back here?” a voice asks.

I stop dead in my tracks, trying to find my pass.

“It’s okay, I’ve got a pass…somewhere…” I mumble.

“I’m afraid I’m going to have to take you out,” she says, grabbing a hold of my arm.

Wait, how often is security female? I turn around to see a familiar blonde. I can’t help but smile at her.

“Val!” I exclaim, giving her a hug. “I had no idea you were here!”

“I just got in.” We break the hug. “It’s so good to see you!” she exclaims and gives me a look over. “So how far along are you?”

My jaw automatically drops and I stare at her with wide eyes. “What did you just say?” I choke.

*POV Switch*

We get onstage, our gear ready and waiting for us. I pick up my guitar and play a couple chords. Matt walks onto the stage, Val nowhere in sight. I guess she's with Angel.

“Let’s start with Critical Acclaim,” Matt says, taking the mic in his hands.

“Sounds good to me,” Jimmy says, taking his place behind the drums and twirling a drumstick between his fingers.

We start the song, making sure that our levels are good.

Val and Angel emerge from backstage, but instead of staying to the side of the stage and watching us they get off the stage and out onto the floor. I furrow my brow as I watch them, wondering what's going on.

“Zack, you missed your vocal,” Brian says, pulling me out of my daze.

“Huh?”

“Pay attention. I’m sure Val’s just talking to her about…you know.” he says, noticing where my gaze is set.

“Yeah…”

“Are you two done chitchatting?” Johnny asks.

“Yeah, Zack just got distracted.”

“I would be too. I wonder whose kid it is,” Johnny says.

My eyes quickly break away from Angel and Val to Johnny. “What?”

“I wasn’t going to say anything, but since you guys noticed it too I guess I can talk about it. Doesn’t Angel look like she’s getting kinda fat?”

“No,” I reply automatically.

“Look at her, really look at her. Doesn’t it look like her stomach has grown?”

I look at her belly but don’t see any difference.

“Yeah, it does,” Brian admits.

I glare at him.

“Just a bit,” he amends. “You gotta admit that she does look a little bigger. She has never been fat and so you can tell her stomach has grown... Her chest is a little bigger than I remember it being, too.”

I send another glare in Gates' direction. Why the fuck would he even notice if her boobs got bigger?

“What? It has... Just a bit,” he mumbles, scratching the back of his neck.

“I don’t see anything,” I mutter.

“Wait until she turns to the side again, you can see it then,” Johnny says. She turns and a slight bump is visible. I swallow hard. “See? Doesn’t it look like she’s knocked up?”

“Yeah…” I reply.

How could I have not seen it earlier?

“So who do you think the dad is?” Brian asks softly.

My throat suddenly goes dry. “I have no clue.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, I had to post another chapter. I hope you guys like it!

As always, thank you all so much for reading. I love you all and you're the greatest readers on the planet! That's right, I'm bold enough to say that. And I love the comments, too! You guys keep me going! More to come soon.