Sequel: Move Along

Dirty Little Secret

Chapter 44: I'm Glad It Was Zacky

*POV Switch*

I cling to Bri, my face buried in his shoulder.

He continues to shush me, doing his best to comfort and calm me. And he hasn't been doing such a bad job. I am feeling a bit better. But just a bit. You gotta hand it to Bri, he can calm me when most can’t. I have no clue where he learned to deal with hysterical women, but I am glad that I have him with me now.

“It’s going to be okay, sweetie. He’ll come around,” Bri whispers into my ear. “You’ll see; everything will work out.”

“I hope so, Bri. I really hope so.”

I finally bring myself to let go of him, looking into his dark brown eyes.

“What am I going to do, Bri?” I sniffle.

He brushes some stray hair out of my face. “I’m not sure, sweetheart. But I know that no matter what you do, you and the baby are going to be fine.” He kisses my forehead. “You’re a strong girl, you will make it.”

“Thanks,” I whisper, giving his hand a gentle squeeze. “Why are you being so supportive, Bri? I mean, I wouldn’t blame you if you were pissed at me just like Zacky. He’s your friend and I hurt him--”

“You’re my friend, too, Angel, remember? I am always going to be here for you, sweetheart. I will never abandon you. Never. I know you didn’t mean to hurt him. I know you, you hate to hurt people. It just is in your nature to be sweet.” He bites his bottom lip and lets out a heavy sigh. “Angel, I know that you love him.”

My heart jumps into my throat and I open my mouth to object.

I do not love Zack Baker...

“I mean that you love him as a friend.” He shakes his head and chuckles. “God, I don’t understand why you two are so jumpy when I say you love each other.”

“It’s just that Chuck… He seems to believe that it’s even possible for me to be in love with Zacky.”

“Maybe he’s seeing something that you aren’t, sweetheart.” Bri smiles.

I smack him on the arm. “Shut your mouth, Brian Elwin Haner, Junior.!”

Ouch! Usage of the full name! Totally unnecessary!” he exclaims with wide eyes.

I giggle at him.

He is such a dork.

I let out a huge yawn.

He tucks some hair behind my ear. “You should get some rest. I can’t speak from personal experience or anything, but I’m sure labor takes a lot out of a woman.”

“I’m not t--” I yawn again. “Tired.”

He smirks. “Yeah, and that yawn makes you so convincing, sweetie.” He kisses my forehead.

“Wow, Angel, you sure do get around those Avenged guys. First Vengeance and now Gates?”

“Hey, Chuck,” Brian greets as he gets up, ignoring the comment. “I was just telling Angel ‘Bye’. I’m trying to convince her to get some rest. Will you make sure she does that? You know how stubborn she can be.”

“Sure.”

“Thanks, man.” He pats Chuck’s shoulder. “Bye, Angel.”

“Bye, Bri.”

He leaves the room, the door shutting gently behind him. An awkward silence falls upon the room.

I watch Chuck as he takes a seat in the chair Brian had vacated. He lets out an audible sigh.

I smile at him weakly and he mirrors my action.

“Angel.” His voice rips through the silence. “Why didn’t you tell me you slept with Zack?”

“Chuck, I didn’t want you to be--”

“I’m not mad,” he says, knowing well enough what I was going to say. “I’m not. I’m just… surprised. Of all people, why Zack? Why didn’t you tell me?”

I sigh. “I didn’t want everyone to know I got drunk off my ass and slept with one of my best friends… But I’m glad I slept with Zacky.”

And I am. I could have ended up with anyone from that bar. I would have been kicking myself for the rest of my life if it were anyone else. But with Zacky I have no regrets; even if he is majorly pissed off at me.

Chuck raises an eyebrow at my statement, not looking very pleased.

“I didn’t mean it like that. I meant that it’s better Zacky than some random guy from the bar.”

“So you two didn’t plan to meet up that night?”

“No, of course not! I was upset about you being with Ashley and decided to drink my sorrows away. Zacky happened to be at Johnny’s doing the same thing over Gena cheating on him. We were both drunk off our asses and had seriously impaired judgment.”

“I doubt he was all that drunk,” Chuck mutters under his breath.

“Chuck, don’t.”

“Oh come on, Angel! It’s Zack Baker we’re talking about! We both know the boy can drink. I was just saying.”

I glare at him, letting him know that I’m not amused.

“But you’re probably right,” he concedes. “Listen, I didn’t come here to argue with you about Zack anyway. I came here to let you know that I’m not going anywhere, Angel.” He takes my hands in his. “I love you and I love your daughter. Nothing is ever going to change that.” He kisses me gently. “I love you.”

“Me too,” I murmur.

His jaw clenches, but he says nothing.

I let out a yawn and my eye lids begin to feel heavy.

After a couple of minutes fighting the drowsiness they finally close shut and I fall into a peaceful slumber.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading, commenting, and subscribing! I hope you liked the chapter!