Sequel: Move Along

Dirty Little Secret

Chapter 47: Why'd They Start Again?

*POV Switch*

I gaze into his soft green eyes and smile. He smiles in return, tucking some of my hair behind my ear. I snuggle into his body and he plants a kiss on the top of my head.

My fingers lightly trace the deathbat tattoo on his chest and I hear him chuckle. I place a kiss on his chest, emitting another chuckle from him.

His arms wrap protectively around me and I sigh. I’ve never had a more perfect moment before in my life.

“Zacky?” I ask, nuzzling my face into his chest.

“Hmm?” He responds as his fingers dance lazily up and down my back.

“How bad is my head going to hurt in the morning?”

He exhales softly. “I hope not too bad. But with how much you drank, I won’t be surprised when you ask to have your head cut off to stop the pain.”

I whine, looking up into his eyes. “I’m not looking forward to that.”

“No one ever does, sweetie.” He kisses my forehead. “Now it’s getting late, we should get to sleep.”

I yawn. “That sounds pretty good.” I rest my head on his chest, the steady beat of his heart slowly lulling me to sleep. “Zacky?” I mumble against his chest.

“Hmm?”

“Promise not to hit me,” I whisper.

“I’d never hit you.”

“Promise me.” I lift my head to look into his eyes.

He smiles. “I promise.”

I lean in and place a soft kiss on his lips.

He smiles after I pull away.

“Now why would I hit you for that?”

I shrug. “I dunno. Why’d you think I’d hit you?”

“Because I wasn’t sure if you’d like it.”

“Well then I wasn’t sure if you’d like it either.”

He chortles. “You need sleep, baby.”

“Maybe I just need you,” I reply with a smile, the tip of my nose touching his.

He kisses me gently.

“I love you,” he whispers as he tucks my hair behind my ear.


~

My eyes pop open and I inhale sharply. I sit up in my bed and realize that I’m still at the hospital.

What the hell was that?

I haven’t had one of those dreams in months. Why’d they start up today?

“Angel, are you okay?” Chuck asks, pulling me out of my thoughts.

“Yeah. I just had a bad dream.”

He touches my forehead. “You’re sweating.”

“Like I said, bad dream.”

“Well, the bad dreams aren’t going to get you. I’m here now and I’ll never let anything hurt you.” He kisses my cheek.

I give him a small smile.

Chuck’s not going to leave me; he’s going to support me just like he said he would. That’s good… It’s safe.

And safe is what I need now… I can’t afford to take risks, not when I have this little girl to take care of.

Chuck and I will probably get married and be one big happy family. My daughter will grow up thinking that Chuck’s her father; unless Zacky wants to be a part of her life, which I highly doubt from his outburst earlier. We’ll probably move to Montreal. Good-bye American citizenship…

The door opens and my eyes immediately dart to see who it is.

My heart leaps and my stomach knots up when I see Zacky standing there.

Wait, my stomach’s in knots? How long has this been happening whenever I see Zack?

“I wasn’t sure if you’d be up. Bri said you were trying to rest,” he says softly.

“I just woke up.” I smile at him warmly, but he looks a tad on the uncomfortable side.

My eyes go to Chuck and I realize why Zack’s acting like this, Chuck’s staring daggers at him.

“I thought you were going home,” Chuck grumbles.

“Chuck, be nice,” I scold.

He rolls his eyes and I feel like slapping him. But I refrain.

“Baby, would it be okay if Zacky and I talk in private?”

I can tell he wants to protest, but he just sighs. “Of course.”

He gets up and brushes past Zacky. It almost looks like he tried to push him, but I’m not sure. Zacky looks un-phased so I guess I was imagining it.

“Hey,” he greets softly, taking a seat next to the bed.

“Hey.”

“So I just got back from the nursery. Everyone thinks she’s beautiful.”

A cold wave washes over me. Everyone has seen her; they've seen her bright green eyes. They’re not stupid; they must have figured it out.

“Zack?”

“Yeah?”

“They figured it out, didn’t they?”

“Yeah.”

“How did they react?”

“Shocked for the most part. I’m pretty sure that David wants to kill me.”

I smirk. I can see David getting worked up about this.

He’s practically been a big brother to me ever since I went to live with my dad. Finding out that one of his friends knocked me up after a night of drunken sex would definitely be enough to send him into a murderous rage.

“I came here to apologize,” he says softly.

“Apologize?”

“For my outburst earlier. I shouldn’t have done that. It all just hit me out of nowhere…”

“Zacky.” I reach for his hand, taking it into mine. “I understand. I shouldn’t have kept it from you for so long. I should have told you as soon as I found out or at least when you saw me in Denver. I was wrong to think that you didn’t need to know.”

He lets out a heavy sigh. “Well, while we’re confessing things… It’s my turn to tell you something.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I thought I'd update for you guys. I hope you liked it!

Thanks for reading, commenting, and subscribing! You guys are great!