Sequel: Move Along

Dirty Little Secret

Chapter 9: Just Call

*POV Switch*

I stare at my phone, debating whether or not I should call her. It’s been a month and no word… Of course, was I really expecting her to call me? She has no reason to even talk to me.

“Let me see that!” Brian says, scooping my phone out of my hands. Seriously, what the fuck is up with people taking my fucking phone all the time? “Hey, Zacky, what’s up with the wallpaper?”

“Jimmy set it to that last night and I was too lazy to change it back.”

He raises an eyebrow at me. “Is she the reason you’re so bummed out?”

Where the hell did that come from? Why the fuck would he even think that?

“I’m not bummed out! I’m fine!” I defend.

“Whatever, Zack. But it’s not good to be hung up on Angel now. I mean you and Gena broke up not too long ago, so that’d make her a rebound. And she’s hung up on a guy who’s probably never going to feel the same way she does. Neither of you are in a good place right now.”

“It’s a fucking picture on my phone. It’s not like I’ve jumped up and down on a couch like a fucking moron on national TV screaming that I love her or some shit like that. Besides, I don’t even feel that way about her. She’s my friend and nothing more than that.”

“Okay, I’m sorry I jumped to conclusions. I just thought maybe it could be Angel. I mean, she is a gorgeous girl, she is a sweetheart, why not be hung up on her? Look, we’re just trying to figure out what sparked the sudden change in you. You’re not out on the prowl or anything like we thought you would.”

“Look, I didn’t mean to worry you guys, but I just feel like maybe I need to take a break from relationships. It’s been too much of a burden for me to be on the road all the time and try to keep a relationship alive. It’ll be even more difficult trying to start a new one.”

“I see where you’re coming from. And if it makes you feel any better I’ll tell the guys to lay off on all the worrying. It's just that we love you, man, and we just want to make sure you’re okay.”

“I love you guys too.”

“So, here is your phone.” He sets it down next to me. “And will you just go ahead and call whoever it is that you want to call?”

I give him a confused look. How did he know?

“Zack, you’re easy to read. Now I’m sick of you staring at your damn phone and debating if you should call or not. It is starting to get a little pathetic. So do us all a favor and just call already.”

He turns around and leaves me alone.

I pick up my phone and open up my contact list. I find the name I’m looking for, but bypass it to go to another one. I hit the talk button.

“Hello?”

“Hey, I don’t know if you remember me but we hung out together a while back. My name is Zack Baker.”

“Zack Baker? I don't know anyone by that name. I think you’ve got the wrong number.”

“Uh, if I said Zacky Vengeance would that ring any bells?” I ask quickly before she can hang up.

“Zacky? I forgot that you’re last name’s Baker. How are you doing?”

“I’m okay. You?”

“I’m good. Why are you calling me?”

“Because you’re Angel’s sister and you know her better than anyone else.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's a short chapter, but I hope that it can hold you guys over for a little bit. It's not outstanding or anything, but it's still something. Chances are pretty good that I'll be posting the next chapter soon.

Thanks for reading, commenting, and subscribing. I love hearing what you guys think!