Untitled

Chapter 10

Frank pulled up outside the small house, surrounded by an over grown garden and dodgy looking fence. The engine roared as he contemplated driving away. It was Gerard's house and he was shaking. The man he loved lived here. He turned off the engine and sat for a moment, still staring at the front door. Would he be home?? Did he want Frank round right now? He sat and thought once more. He thought of Gerard's smile, his laugh. The way that he would moan, when they were intimate. He opened the car door. He was addicted to Gerard Way and he needed to get his fix.
Opening the gate, which he thought was going to come off in his hand, he side stepped in, followed the weedy path to the maroon front door. Taking hold of the knocker, he tapped lightly. He didn't want to sound too desperate. He waited, looking around the street. It was an okay neighbourhood by the looks of it. Similar to where he grew up. The door handle rattled, making Frank jump a little. There in the doorway stood a short woman, tight, bleach blonde curls hung long from her head, her skin oldish and grey under a tonne of make up, which gave an orange tinge to her face. Her eyes were familiar, ringed with bright blue shadow and lips drenched in a crimson gloss.
"Hello young man, how can I help you?" She smiled, in a seductive manner. Frank felt uncomfortable straight away.
"Ummmmm..." He couldn't find his words.
"You looking for someone, or something?" There it was again, that smile.
"Yes, ummm Gerard?"
Her face dropped, "He ain't here."
"Oh, you know where I can find him, its kinda important."
"I'm only his mother, but your guess is as good as mine." Frank began to realise she was a little drunk and knew why her eyes were familiar. "Work, that's it, he's at work, with my little Mikey, book store in town." She flapped her hand at him and he guessed that was his queue to leave.
"Okay, well thanks." He turned, disappointed that Gerard wasn't there, and wondering where he could be.
"Hurry mind, he's meeting a boyfriend after work, you better drive like the devil if...*Hiccup*.. you wanna catch him." Frank was confused at her words. A boyfriend? She must of made a mistake. Surely. He didn't reply, just made it back to his car. He drove into town as the woman had said. Stoppping and asking some guy where the 'book store' was he was directed to a funny looking building. Trying to find some where to park he drove pass the place like 6 times. On his seventh time, he found what he was looking for. He saw Gerard, dressed in a work uniorm. He was laughing as he came out of the stores door. Another guy followed him. He was taller than Gerard, hade longish blonde hair, and thick rimmed black glasses. The pair walked about 2 meters to where another young guy was stood. His hair was raven black, long and greasy. He wore ripped jeans and a navy t'shirt, his whole arms covered in brightly coloured bangles. Frank slowed the car right down as he saw Gerard greet the guy, with a hug and a kiss on the cheek. The guy returning one back to Gerard. Frank felt like he had been stabbed in the gut. All the pain Jenny had put him though put together wasn't a match for what he was feeling now. His eyes began to stream as watched the pair laugh and joke, the blonde guy walking on past to an old banger that was parked not to far away. Franks put his pedal to the metal as he sped off, his wheels spinning slightly underneathe the weight of the car.
"OH MY GOD, OH MY FUCKING GOD!!!" Frank banged his fists hard against the steering weel in a rage. How could Gerard do that to him. He thought they loved each other. He was driving to his place, by the river.