Untitled

Chapter 12

"Your not my boyfriend." They made eye contact for the first time that night.

"So you come here, you make out with me, you have sex with me, and this is nothing to you?"

Gerard shock his head. "No Frank, this is so much more than that. This is more than just being boyfriends,....... what ever that just is?" Gerard paused "You know, i'm sick to death of people coming to me and saying, who's that guy, who's this guy. I'm sick of my life, my own fucking face, you know what i'm saying?" Frank just stood. He didn't know whether he could trust this man any more. Gerard continued. "I have my own mother on my back the whole fucking time. 'When are you moving out, when are you gunna meet a nice girl and settle down'. You know what I think? I think how the fuck can I move out and settle down when I cant even control how much coke I sniff on a night? I think what is there for me to move out to? I work at some shitty book shop, a job which my own little brother had to get me, 'coz apparently college graduates cant even get a decent job any more. I drink way to much, I don't eat enough, or sleep enough. And your giving me a hard time, because you saw me greeting a friend in a way i've done for years? I cant do with this shit Frank, you know what I mean?"

There was silence.

"You do cocaine?" Frank was shocked.
"Yeah Frank, you're not the only one with problems you know."
"Gerard, you never said anything."
"And risk losing you, I couldn't do it Frank. I just couldn't." Gerard slumped on the floor. "I was hoping you wouldn't be here anyways."
Frank moved back to where he was sat before, realising that Gerard was genuine.
"Who was he then? That guy?"
"Who Bert? A friend, well a friend that had weed, and coke, and anything else I need." Gerard began to slur his words a little.
"He gives you that stuff? Did he give you some today?"
"Frank how do you know this all?" They were getting inaudible now.
Frank was silent. He didn't really wanna say how he knew. He didn't wanna picture it again. "I saw you, when I was driving. I spoke to your mom too."
"You went to my .......house?"
"I needed to be with you Gerard. I came to find you, like you said I could."
"Okay, i'm so overrr medicated right nooow."
"Gerard, are you okay?"
Gerard fell backwards, his eyes rolled back and his mouth widened open. Frank panicked. "Gerard, speak to me!"

"urrrrrrhhhhh." Gerard rolled onto his side and was sick all over. Frank covered his mouth as it made him gag. He needed to get Gerard home, and fast.
"Come on Gee, work with me baby." Frank managed to stomach the smell that was thick in the air, taking Gerard in his arms he scooped him up. Gerard made it to his feet, and they staggered to Frank's car. Laying Gerard in the back seat, Frank jumped in the driving seat, and for the second time that day, drove off at a high speed.