Untitled

Chapter 14

Frank moved back into the room below the rest of the house. The basement. He took each step down carefully, as not to wake the sleeping beauty. With each foot step he felt more engrossed in the surrounding. Reaching the bottom, he took a moment to take in the area once more, but this time was sucked into more detail. He first laid his eyes upon the many drawings and paintings he had seen before. He then looked to the desk to the side of Gerard's bed. It was covered in clutter, but yet everything had its own space in the organised chaos. Frank spotted a paper weight on the end of the desk. He moved slowly across the room, past Gerard who moaned in his sleep. Reaching the square glass object, he held it up. Encased in the glass was a bat. It was a glowing brown, gorgeous in Franks eyes. A little creepy, but gorgeous. He placed it back down carefully, next moving onto a small sketch pad. It was wrapped tightly in black ribbon, Frank could'nt see what was written across the front. Curiosity ate at him as he turned to check Gerard was still sleeping. He was.
Frank took the ribbon and began to unwrap it from the book. The front cover a deep crimson, the writing black. Finally removing it completely, he gasped to see what the cover boar.

'Frank Iero, from now to the end, demolition lovers'

Frank didn't really know what this meant at first. He looked back at Gerard once more. His face was angelic almost. Frank smiled, and continued with the pages. He looked on as many sketches of himself began to display on the worn paper inside. Gerard must have draw these from memory, Frank was amazed at the detail, the perfection. Gerard was too talented.
He continued again as the sketch pad developed, more into a diary. Short sentences became long paragraphs, then almost essays. Frank began to know the meaning of the phase, 'demolition lovers'
He reached the end of the book. There was what seemed like a poem, or song. He read on...

Hand in mine, into your icy blues
And then I'd say to you, we could take to the highway
With this trunk of ammunition too
I'd end my days with you in a hail of bullets
I'm trying, I'm trying
To let you know just how much you mean to me
And after all the things we put each other through and

I would drive on to the end with you
A liquor store or two keeps the gas tank full
And I feel like there's nothing left to do
But prove myself to you and we'll keep it running
But this time, I mean it
I'll let you know just how much you mean to me
As snow falls on desert sky
Until the end of everything
I'm trying, I'm trying
To let you know how much you mean
As days fade, and nights grow
And we go cold

Until the end, until this pool of blood
Until t......

"Frankie?..." Gerard's voice made Frank jump out of his skin as he slammed the book down and spun round to where Gerard was laying. "Whatcha doing?"
Franks chest pounded, his heart racing.
"Gerard, ummmm yeah"
Gerard began to rise from his bed, moving over towards Frank. "I need to go wash, or something"
He turned towards the stairs, facing away from Frank. 'Thank fuck!' Frank thought as Gerard wandered off, still clearly out of it. Frank turned back to the book, not able to finish the rest of the lyrics, grabbed the ribbon and tied it back as close to how he had found it as possible. Unlike Gerard, his memory wasn't so good.
Gerard returned. He was trouser less, and was wearing just a black tee and grey boxers. He stumbled back down the stairs, scratching his head as he went.
"No wait, what are you doing here?" Gerard suddenly sprung to life as he grabbed a pair of patterned pyjama bottoms and whipped them over his deadly pale legs, breaking Frank's stare.
"Ummmmm, you were sick, so I stayed, to make sure you were okay." Frank sounded as if he didn't really know what he was doing. He even had to question himself if that was the real reason.
"Sure you did" Gerard smiled. "Dude I got really gruesome, you must think i'm an animal" They both laughed.
"No Gee, its fine. I'm just glad your okay?" Frank started to move away from Gerard's stuff. Before he started asking questi...
"What you doing over there?" ......Too late.
"Ummmmm, looking at your stuf,... urh... no i'm.. ummmm...." Frank froze.
"I'm not down with that dude" Gerard began to shake his head in a playful manner. He really didn't like people looking at his shit. But it was Frankie, how could he get mad?
"I'm sorry Gerard, really I am, ill leave if you want me too?"
"Don't be, i don't mind really dude, as long as you didn't see the crap about how i'm secretly a vampire and your only here so i can suck your blood?" Gerard stared at Frank, an inquizsative look on his face.
"Really, that's....." Frank felt him self melting before Gerard, like an ice cube in the sun. "awesome" Frank purred. Gerard had a funny way of holding Frank, almost in a spell.
"Good" Gerard replied, totally sensing what was going on, and taking full advantage..