Untitled

Chapter 17

"Mikey drop the bat." Gerard rushed over to Frank, throwing his arms around him. Mikey did as Gerard had told him and went over to Gerard's tv in the corner of the room. Turning the switch, the screen fizzed as the picture focussed in. The lady behind the news desk spoke.

"Yesterday at around 6 pm, police were informed of a kidnapping of a young Kally Helen Iero. The child is believed to be travelling out of the country with her father, Mr Frank Iero, who took the child from his girlfriend's mother's home at around noon. Police have been searching for the pair, and asking anyone with information to come forward as soon as possible."

"Holy shit!" Frank gasped at the news from the tv.
"Dude, this is way bad." Mikey replied.
"Yeah, way bad." Gerard also joined in taking his arms from Franks neck. "What are we gunna do?" he continued.
"How is it kidnap?" Mikey looked confused. "I mean she's your baby." That left an awkward feeling in the room for Frank. Gerard looked at him, concern on his face.
"Where is the baby Frank?"
"With a friend of mine, just outside the city."
"And you think they wont look there?"
"No. As far as Jenny's concerned I haven't spoken to Toro since the birth."
"Toro?" Gerard looked at Frank again.
"Yeah my friend, Ray Toro."
"Does he have an afro?" Gerard smiled.
"Yeah, you know the dude?"
Mikey laughed at the pairs convo. "Hey Gerard, we know someone with an afro called Ray, and he lives near us. I wonder if there's like two of them?"
Frank and Gerard both turned to Mikey, gobsmacked at how dense he could be at times.
"Dude, are you serious?" Gerard questioned Mikey. "Its obviously the same dude Mikes."
"Oh, yeah I guess..." Mikey looked puzzled again.
Frank and Gerard looked at each other and shook their heads before returning to the more important things.
"Okay we can do two things, One, go get the baby, get some shit together and get out of the country, or two hand your self in...." Gerard started but didn't bother to finished.
"Gee, you can't just get involved dude." Mikey piped up.
"Frank's problems are my problems okay, we are in this together now. Okay Frankie?" Gerard turned back to Frank, placing his hands softly on his checks.