Untitled

Chapter 17 continued....

"Do you really mean that?" Frank gazed back into Gerard's eyes.
"Of course I do, your here for me. I'm here for you."

The pair turned back to the concerned looking Mikey.
"Are you really just gunna run away, your get in a lotta shit if they catch you." Mikey questioned.
"yeah we are gunna, come on Frank, get your self ready. Grab that." Gerard pointed to a small japanese suitcase. "You've already kidnapped her in their eyes, they put you away and..." Gerard started throwing stuff in the suitcase that Frank had placed on the bed. "It don't even bare thinking about." He started pushing all the stuff in, trousers, t-shirts, a sketch pad. 3 Jackets. A man bag, pants, socks and a pencil case. "Okay help me do this." Frank helped Gerard zip up the case, then lift it to the floor.
"Gerard, what are we doing?" Frank smiled as he realised this might actually be happening.
"We'll go to Toro's. Get the baby. and then we'll figure out how to get away from there." Gerard put on another jacket that hung from a hook on the wall next to his bed.
"Gee that's four jackets now. Do you really need four?" Mikey had been counting.
"You know in a jacket slut Mikes."
They all laughed. "Okay, we're gunna have to get rid of your car Frankie. We'll take mom's." Gerard grabbed his case. Going over to his desk he reached down for the secret compartment again. Then he took out a small wad of money. Drug money. Frankie and Mikey stood and stared.
"Drug money" Gerard replied as the two shook their heads.
"Gerard, is this really gunna work. I mean...."
"Trust me. We can do this." Gerard moved back to Frank and rubbed his thumb across Frankie's chin. "We can do this."

With that, Gerard was making his way out of the room, up the steps. Frank followed, and then Mikey. They reached the hall, where Gerard disappeared into the bathroom. He came back minutes later, looking wired. He'd brushed his hair, and removed some of the thick smudged eyeliner from his face. Mikey knew he'd taken something as well. But he kept quitet, for the moment.
"Right. Come. Lets get this show on the road motherfuckers!" Gerard dashed down the hallway towards the front door, signalling that Frank and Mikey followed. Why was Gerard so keen to get away. They hadn't planned anything and yet he was rushing like they were going on holiday. Frank just went with it. He wasn't sure what was going on as his mind was a blanket of fog. Gerard was right, they would lock him away and discard the key if they caught up with him. They did need to get away.

Reaching the outside, the air was cool. The trio made their way to a black escort at the side of the house. Gerard lobbed his suitcase in the back and slammed it shut. "Mikey, park Frank's car here when we leave. Tell mum I swapt them. Take off the number plates and buy some new ones." Gerard handed Mikey some money.
"Gerard, I don't need your money bro." Mikey pushed it back towards Gerard body.
"Come here." Gerard embrased Mikey in a brother to brother style hug. "You take good care of yourself you fucking hear me?" Gerard hugged tighter.
"Okay bro, you too." Mikey returned the tightness. They broke from the hold.
"Tell mom I went away with a friend. And that ill be back soon." Gerard punched his brother playfully on the shoulder.
"Okay bro."
Gerard turned back to the car, the drivers side. Frank stood on the passengers side.
"Mikey, you better have these." Frank chucked the keys to his estate into Mikey's cupped hands.
"Okay dude."
The couple continued to get in the car. Gerard adjusted his seat and put the key in the ignition. Then rolling down the window, he took a packet of Marlboro red and proceeded to take one out for himself, and one for Frank. They both lit up and Gerard started the engine.
"Take care Mikes, look after mom." Gerard spoke from the open window.
"Okay you two, take care." Mikey waved, a tear welling in his eye. Frank returned the wave, as did Gerard, as they pulled away from the drive. Then they were off, going towards Toro's.

Together.